Oasis Class q's- suites and shows

I think we are switching from the freedom to an Oasis class ship for our annual cruise next winter.

I know they have diving shows, are those only at night? During the day? Thanks. I have a toddler that I think would really like the show (he loved the ice skating show on the freedom). But he goes to bed pretty early. What other shows do you make reservations for? And are those all at night?

Also- we like to have a suite for more space. We are diamond (carried over from Celebrity) so we get lounge benefits and drink tickets already each evening. But the price of the grand suite isn't too bad IMO. Are the loft suites that much better? Do you recommend that over the grand or the Junior (I may just stick with that...) You experts out there, what are your opinions? I want a good ship location. I prefer ocean view as far as the location of the balcony...

Thanks!

The "loft" suites are 2 levels...would you be comfortable with stairs and toddler on a ship?

JS's don't get the "suite" benefits....just more space. You have to book a GS or better to get the suite perks. Of course, if you get Diamond perks, the suite perks mean little....a JS is a great way to cruise for a lot less moola!

If you can afford the loft then do a OS instead. They are about the same price and all one level. We had one in March and my brother had a CLS. We both decided we liked the layout of the OS better than the CLS. However, the location of the CLS is great for using the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge.

If you want all the suite perks, go with a GS or above. A JS only gets you double cruise points. We were on Allure in the beginning of April in a GS and saw both ice shows during the day and saw the main Aqua show during the day. There was another water show.......can't remember the name but that was during the day also. If you do book a full suite, you still need to make show reservations and show up to them at least 20 minutes early. There are special seating area for both shows ( ice and aqua) but if there are empty seats they open them up to the general public just before each show ! You will be able to book your show reservations prior to your cruise......I can't remember how far out, but keep checking your reservation planner. You can also wait till you get onboard and book with the concierge , if there is anything left.

I have been in JS with 2 kids, CLS and OS. If you do get a js or gs look for ones in the bump out to get you more deck space(might only be in the bump outs). I really think if I were to have my kids I would do the OS for the fact of there is more open space. I wouldn't do the ones on deck 14 if you can help it.

I think we are switching from the freedom to an Oasis class ship for our annual cruise next winter.

I know they have diving shows, are those only at night? During the day? Thanks. I have a toddler that I think would really like the show (he loved the ice skating show on the freedom). But he goes to bed pretty early. What other shows do you make reservations for? And are those all at night?

Also- we like to have a suite for more space. We are diamond (carried over from Celebrity) so we get lounge benefits and drink tickets already each evening. But the price of the grand suite isn't too bad IMO. Are the loft suites that much better? Do you recommend that over the grand or the Junior (I may just stick with that...) You experts out there, what are your opinions? I want a good ship location. I prefer ocean view as far as the location of the balcony...

Thanks!

We have recently returned from Allure, staying in a Crown Loft Suite. Absolutely loved it!!

There were 3 of us, and the extra space, 2 bathrooms, not having to make reservations for shows, the private sun deck, and dining in Coastal Kitchen were huge benefits for us (you wouldn't have any of these benefits in a Junior)

We would book a CL again in a heartbeat. The stairs would have been a consideration with a toddler though! We were in an L2, overlooking the activity deck, zip wire etc, which also has a wonderful sea view. Best of both worlds for us! I wouldn't consider a Junior suite if the budget allows you to go higher, but it depends on priorities.

The Aqua show is in the evening, but before dark so not too late.