Ft Lauderdale Ramanda VS Super 8

diverdon48371

We are cruising mid February 2016 out of Ft. lauderdal and plan on coming in the day before. My question is I want to use my Wyndams points, but only see two real options(Ramada and Super 8). Any suggestions on which one would be a better choice?

We are cruising mid February 2016 out of Ft. lauderdal and plan on coming in the day before. My question is I want to use my Wyndams points, but only see two real options(Ramada and Super 8). Any suggestions on which one would be a better choice?

They are both pretty dismal, miserable motels.

You'd be much better off saving your points and using hotwire or priceline.

Keep in mind your dates are peak week in peak season and you'll still spend a lot.

Yes my first reaction as a local was that free is all that that Ramada is worth, and Super 8 not even that.

But that Super 8 gets surprisingly not-bad reviews on the various sites. It is only a few minutes from the airport. There is a Walgreen's, IHOP, Subway and a couple of notable local restaurants within a few blocks. That IHOP may look like it hasn't been refurbished since the 1970s but it has a really good cook on the lunch shift. There isn't much of anything comparable even to this middling standard near the Ramada. But the caveat is: you better be comfortable walking in really tough urban neighborhoods or you will be trapped in your room from dusk until dawn. Don't pick either hotel if that is an issue.

Edited by fishywood

Yes my first reaction as a local was that free is all that that Ramada is worth, and Super 8 not even that.

But that Super 8 gets surprisingly not-bad reviews on the various sites. It is only a few minutes from the airport. There is a Walgreen's, IHOP, Subway and a couple of notable local restaurants within a few blocks. That IHOP may look like it hasn't been refurbished since the 1970s but it has a really good cook on the lunch shift. There isn't much of anything comparable even to this middling standard near the Ramada. But the caveat is: you better be comfortable walking in really tough urban neighborhoods or you will be trapped in your room from dusk until dawn. Don't pick either hotel if that is an issue.

I'm not sure I'd characterize the neighborhood where the Super 8 is as a "really tough urban neighborhood". That said, I second your recommendation to walk during daylight hours only. But, that would be my advice no matter where in south Florida the OP was staying unless their hotel was on Las Olas Blvd or on SE 17th Street. But even in these locales, muggings and such can happen. I remember only a couple of years ago a cruiser/tourist was robbed on 17th Street near their hotel. To the OP: I would not stay at either of these hotels, especially not the Ramada.

Edited by oncruisecontrol