Photo Heavy! Divina Yacht Club review by Stealthy, 1st time cruiser 7 June 2015

stealthy

Originally Posted by Mikesa1721 viewpost.gif

After speaking with my pvc, there have been some recent changes to the Yacht Club Day Pass. First, only 10 individuals per day are allowed to purchase a day pass. Secondly, the price has been reduced from $150.00 per day, to $110.00. A Yacht Club day pass entitles those who have purchased, full use of all Yacht Club areas, Top Sail Lounge, the One Bar, including all beverages, as well as 2 meals at the LeMuse dining room. Also included is full use of the steam rooms as well.

I have only sailed Celebrity but am interested in the Yacht Club concept, however, I'm not keen on the location of the cabins. I think they may be too far forward for me - did you experience any problems with motion?

Hi. The YC location was fine. Up high and forward (under the bridge) we didn't feel a thing. Also this was my first cruise ever and wasn't sure what to expect with motion but I can tell you it was calm and no motion to speak of even on the sea days.

When we were at the rear of the boat, the pool was swaying a bit that the water level was sloshing about. But still not enough to notice to much.

As it was my first cruise experience (and in YC) I'll never cruise any other way. It was awesome. MSC is great, it's not Disneyland but very European and I love it. Get on this you'll have a ball. [emoji2]

Anthony & Jenny, Melbourne Australia

Cruising MSC YC 7th June 2015, Eastern Mediterranean.

I don't see why it should. What does it matter where your cabin is located? You could have a pass card which gives you access to the YC lounge/pool area etc.

As I said, I'd like to try the YC concept, but I really don't like to be so far forward on the ship so for me this would rule it out, thus losing a sale.

It's not going to change so you are wasting your time.

Hi. The YC location was fine. Up high and forward (under the bridge) we didn't feel a thing. Also this was my first cruise ever and wasn't sure what to expect with motion but I can tell you it was calm and no motion to speak of even on the sea days.

When we were at the rear of the boat, the pool was swaying a bit that the water level was sloshing about. But still not enough to notice to much.

As it was my first cruise experience (and in YC) I'll never cruise any other way. It was awesome. MSC is great, it's not Disneyland but very European and I love it. Get on this you'll have a ball. [emoji2]

Thanks for your great photos and review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onelung viewpost.gif

I don't see why it should. What does it matter where your cabin is located? You could have a pass card which gives you access to the YC lounge/pool area etc.

As I said, I'd like to try the YC concept, but I really don't like to be so far forward on the ship so for me this would rule it out, thus losing a sale.

It's not going to change so you are wasting your time.

I totally agree with riclop. That's why there are only 65 suites (or so) in the YC. We are trying to stay AWAY from the crowd.

Its similar on other ships. When I did Celebrity I stayed in an Aqua suite, they were all grouped together. The Haven Suites on NCL are in a special section together with card access only. This is not uncommon. Believe me when I tell you the YC usually sells out. Its exclusivity and service is what sells it. The rooms positions and views are gorgeous. It's unfortunate that the floors and cabin locations are what's stopping anyone from booking the YC, but then that's why we have choices.

Barcelona!! Docking at 9am

Well here we are again, after anther great night eating at Le Muse and going to a show, then more after show shopping, then night caps in the Lounge......7 hours later we awoke to Barcelona!

Its really nice cruising into a port while having your first cup of espresso on the balcony (we had a regular 8am delivery by Putra) before getting on with showering, choosing what to wear for the day and heading out of your room to have breakfast. Le Muse or Pool side buffet? aaaahhhhhh what decisions....Le Muse it is.

The port is alive with small boats running around us and dock workers busily docking the Divina and getting ready to greet the her passengers for the day, this offcourse happens while I choose what omelette to have or do I have OJ or a Bloody Mary or both? Its great!!!

After breakfast we headed back to our room for hats, bags etc, then to the concierge desk before being led of the boat by our ever helpful and polite Butler Putra.

When we disembarked I noticed the quality of the terminal was much better than the previous ones at La Spezia and Palma De Mallorca. Modern and well appointed for greeting more passengers to the Divina, it was busy with people getting off for the last time and us day trippers.

Jenny and I decided to grab a Taxi from the terminal and head into Barcelona (we took this advise from a fellow passenger who had been there a few times, cheap taxis! Yay!)

The Taxi rank was a bit hectic with no real organisation from terminal/security staff or drivers. So I grabbed my wife's hand and made our way to a empty taxi, doors opened and in we get.

I think the driver was relieved to get on his way as the taxis far outweighed the people wanting one. I asked to be taken to Park Güell, "No Problem" he said... ahhh good an English speaking taxi driver.... alas no, that was about it as far as English goes LOL

604.jpg

We wind our way through the streets of Barcelona to the hills overlooking this great city. It only took 10 min and the cost was about 15 Euro.

620.jpg

612.jpg

What a place this is http://www.parkguell.cat/en/

IMG_1148.jpg

650_1.jpg

We loved it, the Gaudí and Güell park is a highlight of our trip to Barcelona, we walked for hours taking in the sights of this truly amazing architectural masterpiece. Words don't do it justice until you see it, a great place for all the family as the things for kids to do was excellent plus looking after the oldies with plenty to see and do. Cafe's and gift shops also had you looking and mentally trying to justify stuffing another souvenir into the suitcase for the trip home.

IMG_1142.jpg

Ill let the photos do the talking but it was a great day, busy with people so let it be known that it does get crowded. On the way out of the park there is lots of people trying to sell you knock off Gaudi souvenirs, sunglasses, hats, scarves and just about anything you can think of. They weren't pushy but they were everywhere.

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1194_1.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

Out the front of the park we headed to the Taxi rank again and got a lift into the town to see the Sagrada Familia Church

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

Wow what a piece of history and crazy design, once again in the now famous Gaudi style the church is still being restored/finished, who knows if it will ever be finished? But for now you can marvel at its eclectic design. I think its wonderful but its hard to see this true masterpiece with all of the cranes and scaffolding around it.

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

Hopefully one day it will become free of all this works and display the Church in its entirety. We didn't enter the church as the lines to gain entry were too long and to be quite honest.....I don't queue for anything that doesn't take 5 min to get in. Plus today was a very hot and humid day so with that we decided to find a nice place for lunch.

• 3 weeks later...

Loving your review, Stealthy! It's bringing back marvelous memories of our four cruises in the YC on Divina. We had Putra as our butler also and he is just unbelievable! We miss him and the rest of the YC crew so much! The whole Yacht Club concept is amazing and well worth the extra money. We are again booked for the 8 night New Year's cruise and cannot wait! We are hoping Putra will be onboard then. Thanks again for the wonderful review!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks kath. I'll try to finish the review of the rest of the cruise. Sooooooo busy. I need another holiday [emoji106]

Thanks for taking the time.