Photo Heavy! Divina Yacht Club review by Stealthy, 1st time cruiser 7 June 2015

stealthy

I am having a lot of fun reading your review and your looking at your wonderful pictures. Your writing style is very pleasant, entertaining and enjoyable.

You wouldn't have a copy of one of the dailies that you could post by any chance?

can't wait to read more!

Here you go......

3457E63A-0654-46C4-8CC9-52FD3F04DF75.jpg

Anthony and Jenny

Melbourne, Australia.

That's the "TOP SAIL" lounge in the Yacht Club Bea!! Notice!! No easels back in August.....

Thanks, Mike ........... I thought so when I saw the piano in the background. From what Stealthy has said, it seems there's no "auction" as such. Good to know, although there never seems to be any "interruptions" to your cruise enjoyment in the YC. I'm thinking of photographers in the MDR, etc. In fact, even in "steerage" (which I travel in, more often than not), there's little in the way of sales pressures, unlike other lines.

Stealthy ........... keep it coming. :)

Thanks, Mike ........... I thought so when I saw the piano in the background. From what Stealthy has said, it seems there's no "auction" as such. Good to know, although there never seems to be any "interruptions" to your cruise enjoyment in the YC. I'm thinking of photographers in the MDR, etc. In fact, even in "steerage" (which I travel in, more often than not), there's little in the way of sales pressures, unlike other lines.

Stealthy ........... keep it coming. :)

Bea,,,you can find Socorro Martinez's art displayed not only in the Yacht Club, but also at the top of the grand staircases on deck 6 and deck 7. MSC is featuring a painting demonstration as well as an art auction which is held in the Black and White lounge. I will agree with MsTabby that it his art is a bit more upscale than the likes of Carnival and such,,,but it was still a shock to see it on Divina.

We decided to head into Cannes and make our way to Monaco via the Train. After Breakfast, we grabbed our things from the room for day in Cannes (France). Our Butler Putra met us at the concierge desk and took us down to the gangway.

EBFE7EB4-952C-4C67-82DD-1D4EEEB83F11.jpg

We got onto one of the first tenders leaving the ship (it was packed) and made the short 5 min trip to the dock. Arriving to a nice dock area we noticed the now too familiar vendors selling all kinds of stuff, Hats were the main things as well as selfie sticks, trinkets and gereral tourist crap that you dont really need or want once you get home, so we politly passed by and quickly headed into town on foot. You can also get a taxi and even a small train if you like or walk via millionare row with all the luxury motor yachts backed into dock and showing off to us plebs how its done if you (one day) win the lottery or get a sugar daddy! LOL.

E341C6CE-98A8-4711-871F-3F1C1C278BF1.jpg

83E0AD55-D2D1-456E-B2D5-64D90AA98BF5.jpg

Jenny and I stolled to the Train Station via gift shops and boutiques, when we arrived, it was a bit chaotic and trying to get information via the elctranic boards and timetables was just too confusing and not wanting to wast time I decided to ask at the information desk. We wanted to travel to Monaco, spend some time & then return in enough time to get back to the ship, the last tender was at 16.45. I'm a huge F1 fan and the Gran Prix was their only a week before.

2A348B25-14C3-45B1-8070-F3AE31995991.jpg

We didn't want to book a excursion, opting to do a DIY tour so to maximise our time in Monaco.

Speaking to the kind gentleman he informed us of the next train was leaving in about 45min... Really?

Then he told us of the unreliability of the trains (they had been striking lately he said) and added that we would only have a short time in Monaco before we had to return on the train and then make our way back to the tender. Now this man didn't have an agenda but I was grateful for his honesty. Well I said.... "You know what honey?" (I'm speaking to my wife now. Hehe) "it's not like we are in some European backwater, we are in Cannes!" So with that we decided to take in the sights, sounds and mmmmmmm smells of Cannes. So on we walked, and walked we did.

We loved Cannes, the boutique shopping, the million dollar life style at every turn and the beautiful beaches. The Carlton Intercontinental Hotel were "to catch a thief" with Cary Grant was filmed is beautiful.

9E9813FD-21D4-4389-AEC9-77308FCFD911.jpg

Lunch at a nice restaurant together with some shirt shopping for me and designer dresses for jenny had us hot and bothered, we needed to return to the Divina.... Pronto!

1874497F-AE17-4458-A903-7E50968116EB.jpg

Anthony and Jenny

Melbourne, Australia.

Edited by stealthy

F6EFC06B-2E3A-4480-BB28-A6AB0A920119.jpg

B7D2430E-C5A6-4504-91AA-C8CFD64BE090.jpg

Returning on the tender was quick and easy. A quick security screening process and cruise card check had us into the lift and straight to level 15! Aaaaarrrrrrrr. That's better... Home sweet home : )

The rest of the afternoon and evening was taken up lounging by the pool and soaking my weary bones in the spa.

93540C3C-D292-448D-9265-324D705AC5B7.jpg

C264C787-D218-4442-8B61-7E9A0CC3C6A4.jpg

8721308F-5F9F-4AC0-911D-1869CA1A20B6.jpg

Anthony and Jenny

Melbourne, Australia.

Stealthy, you've just made my day!! I was reading back thru' the thread to keep things fresh in my head - especially about port visits - when I noticed you mentioned the Sommelier, Leonardo. I'm thrilled to know he's on Divina. He is sooooo nice. We've had him on Splendida and Preziosa and now on our next visit to YC - I'm really looking forward to seeing him again.

At 9pm we dined in Le Muse with our new Italian friends that we met on the first day, we had now a table of 4 instead of the romantic table for 2, but our new friends Anna maria and Gino know how to have a good time. Anna can't speak English but Gino could, this made our conversations very funny and had the staff in stitches trying to teach jenny some Italian phrases. Anna had the Italian waiters wrapped around her little finger running back and forth and she always had jokes and one liners to keep the staff smiling.

157.jpg

After dinner we walked back to the Top Sail Lounge and had a night cap or two and some little chocolate treats before heading to bed around 1am.

What a day and night....

Thanks for looking at my ramblings. [emoji2]

Anthony and Jenny

Melbourne, Australia.

Edited by stealthy

Thanks for he review :) I was in Cannes some years ago with RCI Liberty of the Seas, and had a great time too! Love the view of the beach with the ship on the background.

I'm looking forward to your next port review instalment about Palma :D

Thank you for this wonderful pictures, we are on the same cruise in september, YC 1.

I can't wait!!

That you decided to take in the sights, sounds and mmmmmmm smells of Cannes, was super. Cannes is such an beautiful place and you can see more of the city and feel the spirit if you walk :).

Claudia

Edited by timetosaygoodbye

Thank you for taking time to post. Very enjoyable!

Could you please tell my if they have decaffeinated tea? Can't have any caffeine or alcohol due to heart meds and am wondering if I would need to bring my own teabags! (Planning on booking the YC if that makes a difference in what's available.) I'm sure I can get some great non-alcoholic drinks but I would like to partake in the afternoon tea.....

Thanks so much! :)

Thank you for taking time to post. Very enjoyable!

Could you please tell my if they have decaffeinated tea? Can't have any caffeine or alcohol due to heart meds and am wondering if I would need to bring my own teabags! (Planning on booking the YC if that makes a difference in what's available.) I'm sure I can get some great non-alcoholic drinks but I would like to partake in the afternoon tea.....

Thanks so much! :)

I didn't see decaffeinated tea offered (mind you I wasn't looking either) my wife takes strong tea from home to be sure and I would suggest you pack some yourself so your covered.

Thanks for the kind words.

Palma De Mallorca.

Another day in paradise waking up to the glorious Divina. We docked in PDM (Palm De Mallorca, Spain) and made our way to the gangway.

6CE9400A-0AF1-4DBA-A9A9-59604CA61CF2.jpg

0681ADDD-4654-4BE5-B1DF-160DA86C10BF.jpg

A31E399C-6DA1-44EB-B528-4877B1095E81_1.jpg

I was very surprised at the quick departure and walked off onto the dock to the waiting busses ready to take everyone to town. We arrived in PDM and made our way to the city centre, its a nice place to relax under the trees in the main boulevard and take in the beautiful architecture of the buildings and fountains, we didn't venture to far away from the cafe's and shops and my wife certainly loooved the shoe shops (another 2 pairs are now trying to fit into our already over loaded bags LOL)

ED5E1085-CFB3-4969-A50F-309D0C452749.jpg

B52FE6D7-3FE9-4B38-9F2A-BB0E869B3052_1.jpg

3E8046EB-9C89-42AF-9225-F4115454F6CF_1.jpg

Edited by stealthy

13E24069-0C27-4D81-8199-1225D17D823D.jpg

537C23EE-D155-42BC-91F2-5090E98E2727_1.jpg

8D89394E-5FDA-4C83-A54A-64B96644C749.jpg

7AB73706-F383-4407-947C-6355D445A0F8_1.jpg

Apart from shopping, eating, drinking and enjoying the Spanish culture we didn't stay too long and made our way back to the bus stop to make our way back to the dock.

E944D133-F453-408F-9CA2-2B22B875D7D7.jpg

B1D04B3C-49E5-47ED-8BA4-CE92EF6DD757.jpg

When we got back to the terminal we had a little bit of time to check out the duty free shops before embarking again.

Upon getting back to our room we quickly changed into our pool gear and straight to the One Pool.

The rest of the day was pretty much enjoying the pool/spa and view from our balcony. I took some photos of other ships docked with us and some night shots as well.

All in all a great day to relax and enjoy the wonderful sunshine.

Stealthy-thanks for taking the time to write this excellent trip report and for all the photos so far.

I'm not an MSC cruiser but am always interested to read a good photo review and learn about other lines.

Hoping to learn more of what makes the YC so special.

What sort of price premium does one pay over say, the best cabins on the rest of the ship, do you know?

Thanks again,

Norris

Thanks again for writing this great report.

One question regarding getting on and off the ship in the various ports:

Does the yacht club have a separate gangway ?

Hi Plucasana, no there is no separate entrance/exit, but you get to the front of the line with your butler leading the way. Once on the boat you can go directly to the YC level via the priority lifts after swiping your cruise card. [emoji2]

Anthony & Jenny, Melbourne Australia

Cruising MSC YC 7th June 2015, Eastern Mediterranean.

I have only sailed Celebrity but am interested in the Yacht Club concept, however, I'm not keen on the location of the cabins. I think they may be too far forward for me - did you experience any problems with motion?

I would like them to introduce the YC concept but allow you to book any cabin you choose and then have access to the YC facilities as you wish.

I have only sailed Celebrity but am interested in the Yacht Club concept, however, I'm not keen on the location of the cabins. I think they may be too far forward for me - did you experience any problems with motion?

I would like them to introduce the YC concept but allow you to book any cabin you choose and then have access to the YC facilities as you wish.

Wouldn't that negate the whole concept of the Yacht Club?

Wouldn't that negate the whole concept of the Yacht Club?

I don't see why it should. What does it matter where your cabin is located? You could have a pass card which gives you access to the YC lounge/pool area etc.

As I said, I'd like to try the YC concept, but I really don't like to be so far forward on the ship so for me this would rule it out, thus losing a sale.