Venetian Society membership

joschus

Hello -

I sailed on the Cloud last November and ever since have been trying to get my Venetian Society materials. I've emailed numerous times to the company official in charge and been assured that it was "being handled" - yet nothing happens.

Have any of you had the same experience?

Thanks,

John

We sailed last December, and have not got anything either, not even the 2005 brochure! We called Silversea and asked several months ago, and were told that things were being processed. We did, however, got our Venetian Society membership number through the internet, but that was all.

what materials exactly are you trying to get? as i recall you receive your pin upon embarking your second cruise. as long as you have a number you will receive any benefits you are entitled to. make sure your TA knows that number if and when you book your next cruise.

I would call Silversea and get your venetian society number for future reference, and while you're at it, ask for a statement of dates sailed. They will mail you one.

We received the pin on our second cruise, however, I immediately lost it as I don't wear those things anyway.

This opens a couple of questions I didn't realize I had. Does the "on-board" booking savings equate to Venetian" savings (since once you've sailed, you're part of 'the group'?).

And.. the quote print-out we got on-board for our next booking includes a "booking ID" - would that be the same as our Venetian number?

While we're at it - on our recent trans-atlantic crossing, there were 2 women who had 500+ and 600+ nites. Can you imagine...! Well over a year and a half (or very close to 2 years) on Silversea? Be still my heart.....

To answer some of the posts.

I think most people are logically expecting that SS would send them some sort of Venetian Society welcome pack with a membership card and nice little note from someone thanking us for being customers and outlining the benefits. This would obviously be money very well spent by SS and is what most customers would do if they ran SS - hence the puzzlement! I get the impression that no such programme exists, but if anyone has received such an item let's hear about it - as clearly most haven't.

The person to contact to find out how many nights you have is the very famous (!) Mr Frank Sansone. He is on some days Manager of the Venetian Society, Director of Guest Relations and on a subsequent e-mail had apparently been demoted to merely Manager of Guest Relations. He will e-mail you and up to date statement in PDF format. He doesn't answer all e-mails though particularly ones that ask difficult questions like "what went wrong"!?.

My account was wrong so it is worth checking and had missed duplicate friends points posted when you take friends with you.

Members can receive information about special offers by logging onto the Silversea website, going into the Venetian society sub-domain and loggigng an e-mail address for offers. Interestingy I give different e-mails to different suppliers to track how they are used, in this case ss@mydomain.com , and worryingly this e-mail address has appeared on non-ss spam, so unless this is pure coincidence their system is not totally secure.

There are many people around who have extraordinary numbers of nights. There is one lady in the UK who has more than those listed, and she wrote a letter of constructive comments about declining standards addressed to the CEO and copied to various execs, and didn't receive a reply or acknowledgement to either that letter or the reminder, and has now sadly vowed not to travel with SS again.

When booking on board you get both theon-board discount, any Venetian discount and you can assign it to a TA who may give you a further discount. If you already have a cruise booked and are booking a second later cruise you can also book that with a TA prior to the first cruise, and ask the on-board booking person to adopt the second cruise and give you any discount.

Meow, the most likely reason for a double post (although the software should stop this) is if you detected a long pause after hitting enter, and then hit it a second time, this sometimes seems to force a doube post. You didn't do anything wrong - we all do it when the reponse times are poor.

Jeff

"I think most people are logically expecting that SS would send them some sort of Venetian Society welcome pack with a membership card and nice little note from someone thanking us for being customers and outlining the benefits. This would obviously be money very well spent by SS and is what most customers would do if they ran SS - hence the puzzlement! I get the impression that no such programme exists, but if anyone has received such an item let's hear about it - as clearly most haven't."

Actually my wife & I have received this. It did not have the pins with it but it does have a # and I think a card.

What we haven't received is anyone contacting us concerning the Alaskan cruise we tried to book on board 12/05 for 06. They didn't have the details for the Alaska 06 at that time but the girl in booking office told us we would get the on board discount + the Venetian discount if applicable to the cruise. She told us once the details were posted our travel agent would contact us. I think those details have been out for a while now:rolleyes:

We even picked out our suite, although we didn't have to put any money down due to the fact the itinerary was not posted yet.

Seems like a silly way to run a business to me. Customers say that want to go and nobody contacts them. At this point we might take another line to AK.

Hello -

I sailed on the Cloud last November and ever since have been trying to get my Venetian Society materials. I've emailed numerous times to the company official in charge and been assured that it was "being handled" - yet nothing happens.

Have any of you had the same experience?

Thanks,

John

they are not very fast on any type of reply, and very slow of sending out your days, so keep track of your own

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We suddenly received a half-an-inch thick Silversea "2006 Voyage Atlas". So while Silversea may be slow in following up on their Venetian Society members, once they catch up with you (and you enter their computer list presumably), you get more literature from them than other lines we have cruised. That is nice!

LOL,,, This computer geek finds SS computers ay ay lacking... I booked my first cruise Monday, and expected once I had my Invoice Number to be able to Log into My Voyages. :p But I checked with my TA and she said try this weekend. Well I just did and it is a no go.....

SS please upgrade your puters to Pentium IIs if you can not afford that I know of a couple 486s that are cheap.......... :D:D

Archived