Formal nights in the caribbean...

laurakdy

We are cruising with Azura this December. Arriving on the 25th. Ship not leaving Barbados until evening of the 26th.

Now, I know Azura normally do 4 formal nights but with December 31st included in this, will that be a formal night ?

Or will it just be like any other night and there will be 4 formal nights as per usual ?

One of the reasons I am asking is, my friend is getting married on the 2nd January 2016 whilst we are on the ship and thats likely to be a formal night but wasnt sure with it being so close to the 31st.

Any advice would be helpful. Thankyou...xx

We are cruising with Azura this December. Arriving on the 25th. Ship not leaving Barbados until evening of the 26th.

Now, I know Azura normally do 4 formal nights but with December 31st included in this, will that be a formal night ?

Or will it just be like any other night and there will be 4 formal nights as per usual ?

One of the reasons I am asking is, my friend is getting married on the 2nd January 2016 whilst we are on the ship and thats likely to be a formal night but wasnt sure with it being so close to the 31st.

Any advice would be helpful. Thankyou...xx

We did Azura at Hogmanay last year and it was a Formal Night. Incidentally we had a great time. We would definitely do it again.

We did Azura at Hogmanay last year and it was a Formal Night. Incidentally we had a great time. We would definitely do it again.

So did that mean there were 5 formal nights then ? If not, which one did they scrap ?

My concern is them having 2 formal nights so close together, the 31st and the 2nd...That would be a bit daft I think.

XX

So did that mean there were 5 formal nights then ? If not, which one did they scrap ?

My concern is them having 2 formal nights so close together, the 31st and the 2nd...That would be a bit daft I think.

XX

No there were 4 Formals. Hogmanay was a sea day. If I remember correctly there was a difficulty fitting in the 4th Formal and it may have been on a Port Day. I have had 2 Formals as close as that on the last cruise.

We were on that cruise, and there were definitely 4 formal nights, one being 31st December. We had such a great time, we are doing the same again this year and can't wait! There was a wedding on board during the second week and an announcement was made from the bridge by the captain that the bride was going to sound the foghorn! And she did; and we passengers cheered and clapped. It was all good fun. Hope your friends have a wonderful day!

Edited by NauticalMiss
Grammar

No there were 4 Formals. Hogmanay was a sea day. If I remember correctly there was a difficulty fitting in the 4th Formal and it may have been on a Port Day. I have had 2 Formals as close as that on the last cruise.

Yes, Hogmanay is a sea day, as is the 2nd which seems really bizarre having them so close together. I do like the formal nights but thats too much.

The first one is likely to be the 27th...I think we might do room service or buffet on at least one of them. :rolleyes:

With the wedding being on the 2nd thats the one thats most important to us.

Thanks for all our help.

We are on this cruise as well. We are trying to re - search when the formal nights are as well. I'm looking forward to the one on New Years Eve. Do they ever do one on Christmas Day?

I can't see anything to say which nights are formal? Where did you find that? :)

In my cruise personaliser. Its has the dates, Although maybe they havnt contacted everyone yet but I had already kinda worked out the dates anyhow and guessed correctly. As thats the only sea days we have, it would most definitely have been these dates.

Roll on December...:D

In my cruise personaliser. Its has the dates, Although maybe they havnt contacted everyone yet but I had already kinda worked out the dates anyhow and guessed correctly. As thats the only sea days we have, it would most definitely have been these dates.

You'd think it would just update everyone's wouldn't you?

I'm happy with that decision :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It is bugging me now searched the whole of the cruise personaliser and I can't see this information...which section did you find it please?

Not on mine either - most confusing; not that it really matters. I'll take 4 formal gowns, but as usual will only partake in 3 formal nights; we can't manage them all. I always bring home one poor unworn dress, that hasn't fulfilled its purpose

Edited by NauticalMiss

Do you mean the on line cruise personaliser tool?

It's not showing on mine either, don't ever remember seeing it on there on past cruises either. I think they shouldn't/can't be relied upon as subject to change (as everything is)

Do you mean the on line cruise personaliser tool?

It's not showing on mine either, don't ever remember seeing it on there on past cruises either. I think they shouldn't/can't be relied upon as subject to change (as everything is)

Yeh I do agree with that...I got a letter yesterday advising me of a flight change but its exactly the same as it always was. :confused:

With the formal nights nothing much changes with them though and they are always a sea days. Azura has 4 formal nights and 4 sea days.

It exciting deciding what to wear...:cool:

We are on this cruise as well. We are trying to re - search when the formal nights are as well. I'm looking forward to the one on New Years Eve. Do they ever do one on Christmas Day?

Christmas Day & New Years Eve are ALWAYS Formal Nights - New Year's Eve is AMAZING!!!!! You will LOVE IT we will be there too doing back to back from 11 December again WOOOOOPEEEEEEE :):):):):):)

Christmas Day & New Years Eve are ALWAYS Formal Nights - New Year's Eve is AMAZING!!!!! You will LOVE IT we will be there too doing back to back from 11 December again WOOOOOPEEEEEEE :):):):):):)

I've contacted P&O about another matter this morning and happen to mention formal nights when I speaking to them.

This is what they said. as Azura is arriving in Barbados on December 25th and not officially leaving until December 26th, we term this as a New Year cruise and not a Christmas one, therefore all formal nights are over the next 2 weeks aNd not Christmas might.

Dressing up is optional but there will no special menu that night, with the first official formal night being Decemer 27th. Hope that helps. Xx

I've contacted P&O about another matter this morning and happen to mention formal nights when I speaking to them.

This is what they said. as Azura is arriving in Barbados on December 25th and not officially leaving until December 26th, we term this as a New Year cruise and not a Christmas one, therefore all formal nights are over the next 2 weeks aNd not Christmas might.

Dressing up is optional but there will no special menu that night, with the first official formal night being Decemer 27th. Hope that helps. Xx

Kinda glad in a way it isn't formal, not as much stress to get ready ha ha!!!

We had a formal night on embarkation from Southampton on the Royal wedding it was a night mare we had to carry on our formal wear just incase our cases didn't arrive in time, having said that it was still a good night