Ship advice? Coming back to Carnival

maxim1010

Having started cruising on CCL and migrated to RCCL and lastly NCL were thining things. NCL has been great but $$$. Just got off Getaway and we loved it (me,wife,12 year old). However the NCL (and RCCL) pricing prevents us from cruising more than we like to.

My question is what ships do you recommend that are most similar to NCLs getwaway. I know this isn't an apples to apples comparison but we like the following:

Activities (we couldn't get our 12 year old off Getaways ropes/slides for a week).

Bigger ships with lots of amenities.

Newer ships

Lots of dining options(non buffet).

Please list your top three ship choices out of Florida. Thanks!

I would look at the Vista for late 2016/early 2017. We scored an amazing deal on a balcony for under $100 per person per day including taxes. It will be the newest when it sails next year, and will have the biggest amount of activities. I would say if you want to spend some time waiting and save money to do the new ship who last activities this is your best bet. Otherwise, the Sunshine and Breeze I believe are the most recently done, but I'm not too sure where they currently port, I'm actually not sure where anything is other than where the Vista will be in 2017.

the Breeze. I thought it had everything - Guy Burger's, Serenity Deck (loved it), 2 awesome slides, the décor, the itinerary, 8 nights, and especially the Cove balconies. I fell in love with Carnival again after experiencing this ship!

I am hoping for the same experience on board the Dream. :D

You will be disappointed in the dining options Carnival does not have the restaurants that NCL has. There is no free drink package on carnival either like NCL or free Dining option either its main dining room the over priced steak house and the buffet for the most part. Now the bar and pool areas on carnival I like better the newer ships do have more option epically for kids. But the entertainment has really gone bad. NCL and Royal has them beat. In the end I find when I get my bill from all the things I have to buy on carnival plus the cheaper cruise tkts compare to like NCL with the free drink program its almost the same price.

I am also rediscovering Carnival after sticking with RCI for the past few years. I am looking at the Breeze or the Vista. Others have mentioned the Magic, I am going to look into that ship also.

You will be disappointed in the dining options Carnival does not have the restaurants that NCL has. There is no free drink package on carnival either like NCL or free Dining option either its main dining room the over priced steak house and the buffet for the most part.

I think that's why most posters are recommending the newer ships which do have more restaurants than the MDR, the buffet or the steakhouse.

Carnival has added some new pay restaurants like JiJi's, Bonsai Sushi, and Cucina del Capitano to some of the newer or completely refurbished ships.

Either the Magic or the Breeze. Both have waterworks and the Ropes course plus a large variety of eateries.

The Breeze is going to Galveston though, but the Magic will be moving to Port Canaveral.

But the Magic does not yet have Guys Burgers or Blue Iguana Cantina. They do have the Red Frog Pub, Sushi, and Cucina Capitano and the steakhouse.

Either the Magic or the Breeze. Both have waterworks and the Ropes course plus a large variety of eateries.

The Breeze is going to Galveston though, but the Magic will be moving to Port Canaveral.

When is the Breeze moving to Galveston? Thanks!

We loved the Breeze after cruising Disney. We thought there were plenty of food options and they were good. I'm not interested in paying extra onboard for food and we were pleased.

We were prepared to be disappointed in the shows on the Breeze after all I'd read, but we enjoyed them.