Dream internet package...

myangel

When i traveled June 21 they were just getting the training about the social media package. they said they still werent sure when it was coming. but their internet surface sucked. if you get it be sure to use the ones by guest services.

• 2 weeks later...
When i traveled June 21 they were just getting the training about the social media package. they said they still werent sure when it was coming. but their internet surface sucked. if you get it be sure to use the ones by guest services.

As of June 21st was the internet a package deal or pay by the minute? I have a cruise booked in December so I have my fingers crossed the keep their goal of by the end of the year for the social media package.

I traveled 7/12/15. They had incremental time packages. My brother bought like 35 minutes for like $25 maybe. Something like that. I used pay as you go which was $0.75 /minute.

Thanks just read this in another thread so I figured I would post it here in case anyone missed it.

Just got off the Dream yesterday. During the cruise director Q&A we asked when the Dream would get Guys burgers and other upgrades and when it would get newer internet package. We were told internet package should be ready to go first part of August and refurb for the Dream would be during 2017..

I am pretty sure that I saw a list somewhere of implementation dates that had the Dream listed as getting the new wifi package in early Aug. I only remember because I'm sailing on the Dream at the end of October, and I was happy that the Dream will have it by then.

What does the internet package entail? Does it include texting to home? Sorry, I don't know anything about this!

Basically they are getting rid of pay by the minute plans and are unrolling 4 new options for passengers.

1) Access to there phone application called Carnival HUB. It offers chat to all other Carnival App users while connected to Carnival ship wifi for the duration of the cruise. This $5 one time fee includes, chat, ship maps, list of activities (same events/activities as FunTimes), list of restaurants/food venues and their open times, sail and sign charges, and general good to know section.

This is the cheapest option to keep in touch with children while on the ship. Please note you need an account for each person from my understanding. However, they do have ways of preventing strangers from messaging your kids.

2) Next is there social plan. This option costs $5 per day per user log in(you can share between phones however only 1 device can be logged in at a time). This is great for staying connected to your favorite social networks(includes I-message, facebook messenger, etc). However this does not include access to the entire internet. This is the best option if your trying to chat with people outside the ship wifi at any given time while on the ship.

3) There value plan is $16 per day and is perfect for casual internet usage. Includes access to email and the whole entire internet, except bandwidth intensive services like Skype and music streaming.

4) Premium is $25 per day and is made for heavy internet users, like Skype. Includes access to email and the entire internet.Offers our fastest possible speeds!

Again, these new plans are fantastically priced compared to the old outdated pay per minute plans.

For additional information please check out: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

Edited by josephcooper7

• 6 months later...
Digging this up to find out whats on the Dream currently?

This is the current pricing plan on the Dream as 12/17/2015:

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Snapchat. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu). Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

During the cruise I bought the value internet package and had really good speeds. Keep in mind that there is a ping delay because it's going 44k miles but it's a massive improvement from before in terms of speed and cost. I also got my girlfriend the social media package so we could facebook message others as well as audio call people back home. If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

Edited by josephcooper7