Carnival Sunshine cabin info. request.

TLC535

Wondering if anyone out there has any info. and/or photos of cabins...9204, 9205, 9208, 9209, 9212, 9215, 9216 or 9219....I have googled but only come up with "promo" stock photos.

Thanks in advance :D

Wondering if anyone out there has any info. and/or photos of cabins...9204, 9205, 9208, 9209, 9212, 9215, 9216 or 9219....I have googled but only come up with "promo" stock photos.

Thanks in advance :D

Yes ma'am I can answer some of your questions: each of these cabins is on the Carnival Sunshine; each is on deck 9; each has a beautiful view of the ocean (if you go outside); each has two beds, four walls, carpet and a toilet :D :D

It is so funny you started this thread as we just found out that Sunshine is sailing from Norfolk in Oct of 2016 and had been researching the ship. GREAT MINDS ;)

another cruise critic member helped me out with this info

cruise deck plans dot com

search for your ship and then choose your deck

there is also a spot where you can click a link to added info from Carnival that was very helpful

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

I didn't take photos...but we stayed in 9209 last April during spring break-(ship was sold out) We are a family of 4 and actually had them put two beds together and only used one of the pull downs...So my little one just slept with us.....

This didn't leave much room for floor space..but kids were at camp or in pool/slides most of the day....and only sat/played on bed to watch a little TV but it did help for luggage storage...because we drove down to the Port and of course I over packed :p

I was truly worried about the noise...but I can tell you ....that we heard nothing at all once the door was closed...(some of that could be blamed on alcoholic beverages):D just kidding!!

I also liked the fact we had small fridge and I was not to far from kids clubs- right across deck and up one flight. Lastly, my room was very clean and the stewards were attentive and friendly.

Happy Travels!!

Those cabins are under other cabins. Deck 9 cabins forward are under the Fitness Center.

We just got off the Sunshine and friends of ours were in the 9143 ish area of rooms (under fitness center). They said the first night, there was a lot of clanging at about 4 am. They complained and the 4am activity ceased. But they still did hear the early morning workout people (not able to sleep in).

9204 thru 9219 are not near fitness centre

We were in 9171 and never heard anything

Edited by LuckyZ

Those cabins are under other cabins. Deck 9 cabins forward are under the Fitness Center.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I am specifically referring to the forward scenic ocean views. I am aware that those cabins are directly under the fitness center and wonder if they are super noisy. We have booked cabin 9126.

Edited by cruisecrazy82

I have yet to sail the Sunshine, but did stay in a 6k grand scenic ocean view cabin 9200 on the Conquest. The corresponding cabin on the Sunshine is 9126, and I was told they are largely identical in size and decor. Take my comments with a grain of salt.

The 6k is much larger than a standard oceanview or balcony cabin, and the wall to wall floor to ceiling window makes it feel even larger than it already is. You get the same frontal view as the captain, and there was no noise because the space above is an open deck rarely visited by anyone. In my opinion this cabin is superior to a balcony, and I would not switch it for anything but a suite.

That being said, the room has its flaws. The motion is way more pronounced than other parts of the ship because it is front and up, and you have to keep the shade down by sunset, which prevented us from enjoying sail away (or watch pier runners) at St. Marten, St. Kitts and Grand Turk. You are also cut off from fresh air and the ocean breeze. I thought the short distance to Lido would be a plus, but because it rained a lot during my cruise I ended up having to go down to the 8th floor than take the middle elevator back to 9th to avoid getting wet as there was no covered walkway in the pool area.

I have taken a few photos with my cellphone, but don't know how to upload to the forum.

Edited by PCHENG

I'm curious about noise as well due to them being under the fitness center.

If you can change room I would do it. We had a room under the fitness center. It closed at 10pm but after it closes it is open for the crew to use.. Not good when they run on the treadmills. :cool:

We just got off the Sunshine and friends of ours were in the 9143 ish area of rooms (under fitness center). They said the first night, there was a lot of clanging at about 4 am. They complained and the 4am activity ceased. But they still did hear the early morning workout people (not able to sleep in).

9204 thru 9219 are not near fitness centre

We were in 9171 and never heard anything

I am glad to see you posted about 9171. We are in this cabin in August and I was wondering how it was. I was hoping it was far enough away from the noise of the fitness center.

Looks like 9171 is under a cabin, not the fitness center.

Yes, that is what I was looking for when I booked this cabin. I was pretty sure it was far enough away from the fitness center. We had a cabin under the Lido deck on the Splendor and heard them dragging the chairs and cleaning every morning. I now look for cabins above and below.

If you can change room I would do it. We had a room under the fitness center. It closed at 10pm but after it closes it is open for the crew to use.. Not good when they run on the treadmills. :cool:

I realllllly like the grand scenic ocean view though [emoji30][emoji24] It looks like such an awesome cabin. Anyone else specifically stated in 9126 on the Sunshine and experienced unbearable noise??