Forward or Aft @ INDY

I recently booked a 7 day cruise on the Indy and am so excited.

This will be our first time on RCI.

I was just wondering what are your preferences when cruising as far as staying in staterooms in the forward of the ship or the aft?

When I was researching it seems that the food is mainly in the aft of the ship?….. I believe the theatre is in the forward.

Just checking to see the advantanges and disadvantages of stayin forward or aft? Do you feel the ships motion more at one or the other?

We have children traveling also. So are the pools or kids club closer to one or the other.

I believe we’re going to have an end cabin, is that a bad or good thing?

Thanks for all the input you can give.

Not sure what you mean by an "end cabin" but my recommendation would be to get a cabin as close to the rear elevator / stair bank as possible. We prefer that location. Closer access to more public area in our experience (Windjammer buffet, sports deck, FlowRider, Arcade, kids clubs, main dining room)

On Freedom (sister to Indy) we had the very last cabins on Deck 9 and will say we felt SLIGHTLY more movement and vibration than our preferred location by the elevators. (Perhaps that is what you meant by "end?") We had 9396 & 9401.

With the design of this ship, if you can get down to Deck 5 (the Promenade) it's easy to get to the front of the ship heading to the theater.

Enjoy -- Our best RCI cruises have been on Indy!

Edited by KMagz

KMagz definitely sounds like they provided good info for you. ☺

I just want to add movement (if any) is felt more forward. Vibration (if any) is felt more aft. Some particularly like these feelings; some don't. So, that part is a preference.