Online Check In Question

Pat&Paul

Celebrity website asks for where a passport is issued, city and state for US citizens. Yet, newer passports have omitted that. What to do?? :confused:

We just renewed our USA passports so I compared them to our old passports. I don't see what you are talking about. They are almost exactly the same. Passports are issued by United States Department of State. Are you certain you are not confusing with Place of Birth which is the State where born? There is nothing on new or old passport indicating where it was issued other than USA.

We just renewed our USA passports so I compared them to our old passports. I don't see what you are talking about. They are almost exactly the same. Passports are issued by United States Department of State. Are you certain you are not confusing with Place of Birth which is the State where born? There is nothing on new or old passport indicating where it was issued other than USA.

Pat's right. The older ones used to say where they were issued. My husband's first passport was issued in New Orleans event though he didn't live anywhere near there. Funny, I don't remember what mine said.

Pat's right. The older ones used to say where they were issued. My husband's first passport was issued in New Orleans event though he didn't live anywhere near there. Funny, I don't remember what mine said.

That's strange. I am now on my 3rd passport - 1st one issued in 1958 and the latest this July. None of the 3 have a city of issue anywhere on them.

I have no idea why Celebrity asks for that information. But I had to enter it when I did my online check-in as well. If you try and skip it, they will not let you go any further! :rolleyes:

Precisely... My last passport was issued Charelston, SC of all places... I resisted in CA.

It says on the new passports issued in the United States . If yours was issued at a US embassy in another country it will note the country that the embassy was located.

We just received our NEW passports last month and they DO NOT have a city of issue on them. I have our old 10 year passports and they DO NOT have a city of issue on them either. Apparently ours are different from other posters. The return address on the envelope they came in is: National Passport Processing, Post Office Box 90155 Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155. I guess if you live in other states your passport may be issued somewhere other than Philadelphia. I believe I have had passports since 1970 more or less and have never noted a city of issue.

Could it be that the same person who designed the Celebrity web site is responsible for asking for information that is not relevant?

City and State issued used to be a separate line item with the date issued.

1971 was my first passport and it does not have it.

1984 passport I lost in a move so no idea.

1997 passport does have the city and state it was issued.

2008 passport does not.