Anyone hiked Manoa Falls?

Hydro ergo

Hi All!

My husband and I will be on O'ahu for a FULL DAY (7am-11pm). We are avid hikers and plan on hiking Diamond Head for sure. We are also interested in hiking Manoa Falls. It sounds beautiful, but I am hoping to get a little more information from anyone that has done it before. We won't have a car, is it difficult to access by bus? Also, about how long is the hike (distance and/or time)? And what is the hike like (trail conditions-some say muddy, some say dangerous, some say easy...). Anyway, any info you can share about your experiences would be very much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Hi All!

My husband and I will be on O'ahu for a FULL DAY (7am-11pm). We are avid hikers and plan on hiking Diamond Head for sure. We are also interested in hiking Manoa Falls. It sounds beautiful, but I am hoping to get a little more information from anyone that has done it before. We won't have a car, is it difficult to access by bus? Also, about how long is the hike (distance and/or time)? And what is the hike like (trail conditions-some say muddy, some say dangerous, some say easy...). Anyway, any info you can share about your experiences would be very much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Google Manoa Falls, Oahu at To-Hawaii.com and you may find the information you are looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

I have hiked by it several times, and it's pretty much a walk in the park. People have slipped and scrapped themselves up and it's pretty short. It is connected to a bunch of trails above Honolulu. Each year the HURT ( Hawaii ultra running team) has a 100 mile race with Manoa being one of the legs. Which you can see at https://hawaiitrails.ehawaii.gov/island.php?island=Oahu

I have not ridden the bus into Manoa but seen them there so check the bus.org they likely get pretty close. Have fun, there are some great hikes on Oahu.

Aloha,

Willi

We have taken a bus to Manoa Falls in the past (we've hiked it 3 times) ... It's SO beautiful - My 70 year old mom was able to do almost the entire trail. It does get a little slippery when it rains (and VERY muddy), but it's definitely manageable. It gets a little tougher the closer you get to the falls ... You'll have to climb over some rocks - But, that's half the fun. If you can manage Diamond Head, you'll do just fine on Manoa Falls:D

Have fun!!

We also have hiked it, but one thing to beware. We went late August and the 'falls' were more of a 'drip' than falls. We were terribly disappointed. The hike itself was fairly easy and we are both seniors. Some slippery spots, but mostly flat. Just bring plenty of bug spray, you will need it.

Cheers

Len