Several questions about upcoming Pearl Cruise

clarkfam

We are cruising the 18 day Panama Canal in October and thinking of buying the dining package. We just don't know how many days we should pay for in advance. Is there dinner theater like on Getaway? If you were to go on this cruise (17 nights), how many nights would you pay for in advance for specialty dining?

Is there a clothesline in the bathroom?

Are the walls magnetic?

Does the A/C shut off if the room key is not in the slot?

Is there a coffee pot in the room?

Can you store suitcases under bed?

Thanks, Appreciate it!

Sorry, I can only answer a few, as I don't wash clothes on the ship and have never checked the walls for being magnetic. I know there is a coffee system in suites, but not sure about other cabins.

1. Does the A/C shut off if the room key is not in the slot? They do not use this system.

2. Can you store suitcases under bed? Yes, I do all the time.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Are the walls magnetic? Yes

Is there a coffee pot in the room? Not in our Inside cabin

Thanks, Appreciate it!

Really enjoyed this ship...great crew, hope you have the same.

We are cruising the 18 day Panama Canal in October and thinking of buying the dining package. We just don't know how many days we should pay for in advance. Is there dinner theater like on Getaway? If you were to go on this cruise (17 nights), how many nights would you pay for in advance for specialty dining?

Are the walls magnetic?

Thanks, Appreciate it!

Yes there is a clothesline in the shower

Yes the walls are magnetic

A/C - Wall mounted and you can adjust to your liking

Coffee pot in the room if you have a suite. If not, ask the room steward, he MIGHT be able to get one for you.

More than enough room under the bed.

As far as the dinning package...it depends on how much you like to eat. We did the 14 day LA to Miami last year. We did specialty dinning 7 of the 14 nights and that was more than enough for me. Seriously, after all of the food by day 10 all I wanted was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich :)

You'll love the Pearl and you'll love the Canal!!!

Are the walls magnetic?

Thanks, Appreciate it!

We had a balcony on the Pearl with a coffee pot.

Magnetic walls?? Or do you mean steel walls? I am curious, why do you ask?

There are coffee pots on Pearl in balcony and above rooms. Do read A Path Between the Seas before you go. Doing so will make the experience so much more interesting. The PC cruise and the Pearl, doesn't get much better.

Are the walls magnetic?

Thanks, Appreciate it!

Even on an 11 day cruise, by the end of the first week, I am just not that hungry anymore. Sometimes, all you want is a salad. There is no dinner show, just the regular theater shows each night. I probably would not pay for any specialty dining because for us the main dining room and other venues are sufficient. But if you must or just want to try them out for a change of pace, then it seems that just a night or two each week might be enough, depending on your eating preferences. But honestly, that many days on a cruise ship....you just will not be that hungry after a while. And food is really subjective.