Dinner in Victoria

We sail on August 4 from Seattle on the Carnival Legend. Will be in Victoria from 7:30pm-11:59pm. Mom & I are thinking we will get off the ship for dinner. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to have our last supper?

The following are all walkable from the ship of a $10 to $12 cab ride. The Bengal Lounge in the Empress Hotel is a big fave for their curry. Lots of people enjoy Barb's fish n' chips on Fishman's Wharf...perhaps a little casual for you. My personal fave is Pagliacci's which is crowded, noisy and just a lot of fun particularly on nights when they have live music. Milestones on the Inner Harbour is a bit "formula" but lots of people enjoy it and it has some terrific views. Another fave of locals is Nautical Nellies, my experience there was not great but people flock to it.

Not sure what we are looking for! Maybe something with a nice view to enjoy our last night? We are game for anything - I'll look up any suggestions! Would love to find a restaurant where we can make reservations so we don't have a long wait. But how long will it take us to get off the ship and into town? I think I read where the line can be very long to get off or something?? Thanks for the suggestions, Putterdude!

You could try the Keg steakhouse @ Wharf & Fort St, upper floor has some harbour view tables and they're a very consistent chain (not the fanciest of steakhouses, but if anything is less than perfect they're very good about fixing or comping).

I think booking an 8:30 table would be feasible to allow for a bit of a delay disembarking and then getting downtown (walk in less than 30mins to Keg, cab prob $12).

If you can ditch the view angle, Matisse and Bistro L'Ecole consistently top the best local resto awards, though if memory serves the latter does not take resos.

While I agree the keg is generally very consistent, it was absolutely brutal in all ways when we were there a couple weeks back. Hopefully if you choose the keg You have better luck than us!

If you are willing to give up the view try Il Terrazzo, it was fantastic and is rated one of the top restaurants in Victoria.

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions! I have made reservations for The Bengal Lounge and Nautical Nellies at 8:30. We will decide once we look at the menus I have printed off! Barb's also sounds good!

While I agree the keg is generally very consistent, it was absolutely brutal in all ways when we were there a couple weeks back. Hopefully if you choose the keg You have better luck than us!

If you are willing to give up the view try Il Terrazzo, it was fantastic and is rated one of the top restaurants in Victoria.

I was just about to suggest Il Terazzo, one of our favs for sure. The Steamship bar and grill is nice, across the street from the Parliament buildings, we've only had appy's but they were excellent.