Just off the Crown...any questions!

mcgratru

Been many years since on Princess and last time we did self assist walk off. How does Princess decide who gets early luggage tags?

Is it the same on every ship?

By floors?

In my experience on Princess in Los Angeles, self-assist walk-offs are assigned groups just the way those not doing self-assist are. IIRC, the order for self-assist is also assigned based on flight times for those needing to make flights or get to work if local.

Not sure if it is the same for all ships or ports. One of the most consistent things about Princess is their inconsistency from ship to ship (and phone rep to phone rep).

I was on the Crown in October. Recently sent in my evaluation of the coastal cruise rather than fill in the survey. Received an automated reply acknowledging receipt. Said 2-3 days. Called back...on hold for 15 minutes waiting to be transferred from agent to customer service department. Finally hung up. Received a phone call yesterday letting me know that it may take up to 4 weeks to speak to someone.

Surprise, Customer Service Department called me today and was very concerned about my evaluation. Apologized for the wait. Happy that I documented what could be improved. I explained to him that the people I took on the cruise were thrilled. I just happened to notice the small stuff.

He did say that he was glad that I voiced my concerns and that corporate will definitely hear me. I mentioned the Salty Dog and guitarist in the Wheelhouse...where's the dancing? He did say that many have also made the same comments.

Not sure if the email stopped with him. I sure hope that the "big boys" do get to read it.