Status Match program

Licisca

I am silver right now on MSC with 2600 points.

I am booked in the YC in Dec. I have applied for the received the status match for my NCL status and received MSC black. I have not yet applied it to my dec YC booking.

If I don't use it for this cruise, I will get 1500 pts plus what I get for on board spending which may bring me up to gold.

If I use the status match, I won't get any points for this cruise but will start at 10,000 for my next cruise?

I don't see any disadvantage to using it for this cruise.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks for your help

Lois

Using your silver card on this cruise will be a waste of your new black status. You will only reach gold by the end of the cruise and miss out on the benefits for black membership on this cruise.

If you use your black card for this cruise you will have all the benefits now and I thought you would get the points added to your account and be at around 12,000 points or so, but I may be wrong.

So forget your silver card and go with your shiny new black card.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

My husband already had obtained Black with a status match so I decided this morning to try to get the same with my Le Club Accor platinum card I received my email confirming I also had Black, this took only one hour to process and on a Saturday! We are now so looking forward to our first Cruise on MSC Divina at the end of April. As we are both now Black do we get double benefits? Eg 2 chocolate ships!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will get two chocolate ships but only 1 bottle of Spumante as that is per cabin and not per member. When it was Champagne it was 1 bottle per member..

Pete

My wife and I are first timers with MSC. We will be trying the Yacht Club experience. We could get reciprocal (Black) status through several different travel partners RCCL, Celebrity, AA, etc. I just don't see the benefit other than some free chocolate. The way I see it, if we use the complimentary Black status, we receive no cruise credit of our own toward future status with MSC. Do I have this correct? Black benefits in YC are minimal. Thanks, G3

My wife and I are first timers with MSC. We will be trying the Yacht Club experience. We could get reciprocal (Black) status through several different travel partners RCCL, Celebrity, AA, etc. I just don't see the benefit other than some free chocolate. The way I see it, if we use the complimentary Black status, we receive no cruise credit of our own toward future status with MSC. Do I have this correct? Black benefits in YC are minimal. Thanks, G3

You get a free bottle of Spumante, a free meal for two in a speciality venue, a free gift (whatever that means, it could just be a key ring but I the past I've had one of their nice model ships).

I thought you get the points for the cruise and the onboard spend to add to your 10,000 and so build up your points balance towards the next level which is bound to arrive sooner rather than latter as they are getting so many black level members through the status match.

There is no downside to getting your black card and it can only be beneficial in the future if you accumulate points now.

Pete.

Edited by Skier52