KLM 747 or AF A380

Ms Understood

Assuming all other things are essentially equal (price, duration etc) which would you chose: KLM 747 or AF A380 in biz class. This is for flight from LAX to CPH and it looks like I can get either one for approx same price. I have been on both aircraft on the past and find pluses and trivial minuses to both (for ex. prefer Schipol to CDG but like the food and wine better on AF ...) So wondering what others think of the respective products. I appreciate any input.

------------------------

Helen

Their are some KLM with the old style angled flat seats. AF only has angled flat on the A380 in business. If you can get the new lie flat business on KLM then that would be the deciding factor. You can plug your flight numbers and dates into seatguru and it will tell you all about the aircraft for that particular flight.

The KL 747s have been converted to "New World Business Class". These have flat-bed seats, though they are NOT designed so that all have direct aisle access. The AF A380 has not been converted to AF's new business product (which does have all-aisle access).

For details on NWBC, try THIS LINK. You can see a photo of the main deck 747 business cabin.

For this choice, I'd probably take the KL flight. You get flat vs angled, a Delft house, a visit to the airport museum, a lounge at AMS with a TON of shower rooms, and an airport that is a bit easier to navigate than CDG (though not so much nowdays). The pluses for AF are the newer aircraft (if you are into that), a bit better onboard catering, nicer lounges in T2E at CDG and a slightly better intra-Europe product.