Dry Cleaning on Azura

Itsbeentoolong

Hi was hoping to save money and weight by only taking half my shirts for my 14 night cruise at Christmas and getting them Dry Cleaned half way through but we have 3 formal nights in 5 days. Has anyone uses the Dry Cleaning on Azura? Can they do my shirts in a day?

Thanks

Dean

They didn't have any dry cleaning on Oceana (despite it being an option on the form in the cabin) and the 36 hour laundry service damaged one of my husbands good shirts and shrank an expensive polo shirt, both are now unwearable. The only positive was that they were returned within 48 hours. I reluctantly used the self service laundry thereafter to wash dress shirts and other items.

I worked in a dry cleaners for many years and would advise laundering shirts, not dry cleaning. They will be much fresher. You could wash them yourself if you didn't trust the ship's laundry.

Edited by caber

I worked in a dry cleaners for many years and would advise laundering shirts, not dry cleaning. They will be much fresher. You could wash them yourself if you didn't trust the ship's laundry.

Caber I partly agree although some shirts are made of materials not suited to laundering. In view of my experiences with the in cabin laundering service On Oceana I would recommend using the self service laundry and doing them yourselves so you don't suffer any losses, maybe pop them into the laundry service for ironing though, even the damaged items were beautifully pressed and hung on hangers :). The dry cleaning was a problem because my husbands trousers for non formal nights were dry clean only and he only had a couple of pairs. I ended up spot cleaning where required and put them in the dryer on medium heat for 10 minutes with a clean wet flannel (hoping the steam would freshen them up) then pressed them and they came out fine. Didn't enjoy doing laundry, especially ironing on holiday though, especially the dress shirts :)

Thanks all, do they still have the laundry rooms on Azura? I'll just do them myself

Yes, washers, driers and irons free to use. You just have to supply the detergent or buy some from the on board shop.

Brian