Transportation from Southampton to London

moses0

FYI, sadly the catering service on the southampton to Victoria service will no longer exist after this weekend, so make sure you get some supplies befor boarding the train! Southampton to Waterloo will still have on board catering.

I have never seen a catering trolley on the Southampton-Victoria or Southampton-Brighton trains - at least not in this century. Actually, very few of the Southern trains we have ridden - and we have ridden a lot of them - have had any catering. The Victoria - Brighton trains have had a trolley service as did the Victoria - Eastbourne trains, as far as Lewes.

• 2 weeks later...

When we disembarked in SH after QV trip in May we booked bua to St Pancras Station - They also have buses to airports and Victoria station. I think it was $50.ea and took around 2 hrs. We were very satisfied. In fact, we're going on QMII next year and took the St Pancras to SH thru Cunard too.

Bus is one option of their web site, but you can call or have your ta call to add this to cruise. I even believe you can do it at concierge desk aboard ship

We are taking our first QM2 voyage on the 4th of September from NYC to Southampton. Then 2 weeks in UK. Our first stop is London for 2 nights. Any advice on transportation from QM2 at Southampton to London Westminster area would be greatly appreciated. There are four of us traveling onto London. We are all over 65 and will have plenty of luggage. I understand that although we may dock around 6:30 am we probably won't disembark till between 9-11 am. We booked this trip long ago even before we knew CSN were onboard. What a bonus! So looking forwrd to this trip. Thanks for any help.

Give aquacars.co.uk a look! They're based in Portsmouth. Used them last year. Good service. Good rates. Can't hurt to check'em out. You will enjoy the QM2 and the U.K. Have a grrreat trip...