1st Price Reduction

gatorphin

I am just going to have to resign myself to the fact that I am not going to get a reduction :o still nothing for my category even though the overall rate is down $100. :mad: And I just did a mock booking thinking perhaps the category was sold out - NOT. At least half of the available rooms are still open! :eek:

I am just going to have to resign myself to the fact that I am not going to get a reduction :o still nothing for my category even though the overall rate is down $100. :mad: And I just did a mock booking thinking perhaps the category was sold out - NOT. At least half of the available rooms are still open! :eek:

Take a look at c r u i s e f i s h (dot) n e t, you can create an account and have it monitor for you. You'll get notified once a drop of 1% is registered or you can always check manually. Nice handy tool, no need to do a mock booking. Don't give up, the same happened to me, then yesterday it was my turn.

Edited by Mr305

I've also notice that you can get an Ocean View or a Cove Balcony for almost the same price. So don't just focus on your category, see if you can upgrade for the same price.

Sadly there is really nowhere for me to go on this one. I have an 8E balcony on the Lido deck. Family Harbor Suites on Deck 2 are available, but I am not traveling with young children, and Spa Balconies are a bit more and again located near young children's activities. Suites are quite a bit higher right now, but who knows - may I will get a call from the upsell fairy with a good deal close to sail time.;)

It's a long time until sail time so I am just going to hide and watch for awhile...

Sadly there is really nowhere for me to go on this one. I have an 8E balcony on the Lido deck. Family Harbor Suites on Deck 2 are available, but I am not traveling with young children, and Spa Balconies are a bit more and again located near young children's activities. Suites are quite a bit higher right now, but who knows - may I will get a call from the upsell fairy with a good deal close to sail time.;)

It's a long time until sail time so I am just going to hide and watch for awhile...

When do you sail?

May 24, 2016

An 8E cabin for that sailing is currently going for $1749. An Ocean Suite Stateroom is going for $2549 (Early Saver), for a party of 2. The OS has dropped 3.8 percent since they opened the ship up for bookings.

Edited by Mr305

Sorry, my previous numbers were for a different sailing. I've since updated my post.

I just went to fareviewer and an 8E was $1789 for 2 past guests from Florida on the May 24 sailing. Who knows, maybe I will get lucky and the suites will come down enough for me to want to switch!

Category: Balcony

Category Total Cabin Amount

Cruise Only

8G $3598.00

8F $3588.00

8E $3578.00

8D $3558.00

8C $3518.00

8B $3498.00

8A $3498.00

7C $3198.00

I was checking the fare viewer, and I don't see a category for my Havana Cabana. It's category HE. Does that mean there are none available? When I do a mock booking, Havanas are available on decks 6&7. I'm on 5- not sure if they are all the same category. So confused

I was checking the fare viewer, and I don't see a category for my Havana Cabana. It's category HE. Does that mean there are none available? When I do a mock booking, Havanas are available on decks 6&7. I'm on 5- not sure if they are all the same category. So confused

Havana cabins on deck 6 & 7 are NOT Havana Cabana Cabins. Different category. The Havana Cabanas have the lanai on deck 5, the Havana cabins on 6 & 7 have a balcony. There are only a few (30 or so) Havana Cabana Cabins and they are selling like hotcakes. I booked one back in March for a Jan 2017 sailing and the following week they were sold out.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally new to this, Vista in June 2016 will only be our 3rd cruise. I had no idea anything like price reductions could occur and you could get the difference back? Any secrets, if you think it dropped do you just call?

I am on the June 21,2016 sailing out of Athens in an 8D Balcony on Deck 8.

This forum is enlightening! Thanks all!

Since we've booked our FE cabin the price dropped 340$ -150$ before we payed and 190$ after full payment and are therefore now obc.

And just checked right now and the rate is now higher then when we even booked :)

• 3 weeks later...

Price Drop today! Think it may have something to do with the Liberty fire?? I'm on the June 21, 2016 sailing in an 8D Balcony. Got a $160 price drop just now. Form online was down so I called Carnival's 800-number and she did it super quick!

Price Drop today! Think it may have something to do with the Liberty fire?? I'm on the June 21, 2016 sailing in an 8D Balcony. Got a $160 price drop just now. Form online was down so I called Carnival's 800-number and she did it super quick!

It's a mystery on what triggers the price drops. I just checked our sail date, Sept. '16, and our price went up. It was lower yesterday. Congrats on your $160! That's awesome!!