Divina embarkation time

Pacificana

Hello,

On our Caribbean cruises we were able to get on ships pretty early, at about 11. Is it the case in Mediterranean? The cruise ticket says 14, which seems quite late. At the same time, I don't want to come early and have to wait outside in this weather. Thanks!

Hello,

On our Caribbean cruises we were able to get on ships pretty early, at about 11. Is it the case in Mediterranean? The cruise ticket says 14, which seems quite late. At the same time, I don't want to come early and have to wait outside in this weather. Thanks!

It would be rare to get onboard that early in Europe. Which port is it that your embarking at? At some they don't arrive that early so getting on a lot before the official time isn't possible. If the ship arrives at 8 or 9 I'd expect them to start allowing people to start boarding around midday or just after that. I usually go between 12 and 1 assuming the ship has an early docking time.

Thank you. We're sailing from Civitavechia, and it arrives at 7.

The only time I embarked in Civitavecchia, the ship arrived at 8am (approx). Boarding didn't commence 'til 2pm - by that time, it was bedlam in the terminal with so many waiting to board. We had arrived early to the terminal, about 11am, thinking that we'd be ahead of the crowd - how wrong we were! It was after 4pm before we got to our cabin IIRC. It was the worst experience I've had boarding an MSC ship out of 8 sailings. I recommend you bring some snacks and drinks just in case you have a similar wait, although MSC did provide juice and water in the terminal that day.