Gratuity call to ncl

fairygirl1

I called ncl this morning to ask about adding gratuity to my balance to avoid paying increase onboard. They said to just add it, but when I directly asked if that will ensure it remains at my current booked rate, I was advised to pay it immediatly ( goes up aug 1st) . I did pay it today and also requested ( and recieved) email showing prepaid gratuity....so glad I called 1st. I was originally going to click "add to charges" ;)

I called last week to Pre-Pay my Service charge for my cruise in Jan. 2016. I originally booked the cruise in June 2014. I'm in a suite, but, my DSC amount was still only $12 pp per day. I wanted to pay it while I was on the phone but the NCL person said she would have to add it to my account total and that it would be paid when I make final payment. She said I could NOT just pay the DSC separately. It is now listed on myNCL as pre-paid with the correct $ amount and added to my final payment amount. I have made copies of it just in case. I don't see how they could just up that charge on me at this point.:confused:

I called last week to Pre-Pay my Service charge for my cruise in Jan. 2016. I originally booked the cruise in June 2014. I'm in a suite, but, my DSC amount was still only $12 pp per day. I wanted to pay it while I was on the phone but the NCL person said she would have to add it to my account total and that it would be paid when I make final payment. She said I could NOT just pay the DSC separately. It is now listed on myNCL as pre-paid with the correct $ amount and added to my final payment amount. I have made copies of it just in case. I don't see how they could just up that charge on me at this point.:confused:

I went online earlier this week and paid the DSC for our two upcoming cruises later this year. And did so separately from the cost of the cruises - the NCL system automatically had me pay separately.

I went online earlier this week and paid the DSC for our two upcoming cruises later this year. And did so separately from the cost of the cruises - the NCL system automatically had me pay separately.

It does that for me, also. If I click online to prepay, it does not give me the option of adding it to my account balance. Instead it requires me to enter a credit card immediately to pay.

Edited by LrgPizza

I tried to do it that way but every time I went to My Vacation Summary and opened the Pre-Pay Service Charge tab, I go this message "We are unable to display this option at this time."

I tried for several days, several times each day. So I called. Seems I will get the same outcome and either way.