Benefits of booking on-board

flifish64

We should mention that for RCI Stockholders, the OBC offered by the future cruise folks is really worthless! Yes, totally worthless. That is because Celebrity will not allow stockholders to "stack" their usual stockholder credit on top of the OBC given for onboard bookings. A Future Cruise Councilor told us that the issue had been raised at a high level corporate meeting and the CEOs attitude was something like "too bad."

Hank

Not really big news. The shareholder credit terms and conditions clearly state the benefit is not combinable with other offers and perks.

As a shareholder, I applaud them for holding to the policy, and not giving the house away just to anyone who holds 100 shares everytime. The rise in the share value is more than enough of a perk for owning it. The perk is however useful in many cases where one can not get other perks, TA's for example, late bookings, inside cabins etc. Nearly any standard fare (and a few discounted fares as well) that have no type of perks associated to it. One has to do the math to see if they are better taking X perks, or claiming the Shareholder perk.

I have some Apple too, but never get a free iPhone. or any discount on anything they sell.

In our case we received a lower deposit, lower price, an OBC, and got first pick of the cabin. This was because we booked far out. We then transferred to our TA. This may not be the case for everyone, but it worked for us.

We had the same thing and were able to choose big, better or best as well

Why do you transfer to your TA? Is there a benefit to going with the TA over staying with Celebrity?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk

When we transferred our cruise back to our TA after getting an excellent price, the choice of our cabin, onboard perks for booking on the ship, we picked up an two extra classic non-alcoholic beverage packages for my son and my niece on our March cruise on the Equinox.

Edited by WiseChoices

When we transferred our cruise back to our TA after getting an excellent price, the choice of our cabin, onboard perks for booking on the ship, we picked up an two extra classic non-alcoholic beverage packages for my son and my niece on our March cruise on the Equinox.

That is good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk

Wow, I guess my DH and I just made it before the new BBB hit. I am feeling very happy at the moment that our next cruise includes everything plus tons of OBC! We booked onboard and were told that something new was coming...