Panama cruise

udini

Hello,

My wife and I have only been on one cruise, Princess to Alaska, and we really enjoyed the whole experience. We decided to go on a longer one and , this November, we are taking the Princess Coral cruise from Los Angeles through the canal to Fort Lauderdale. What excursions do you suggest and is it better to book with Princess or some other company?

When we docked at Cartegena, Columbia, we went on the 'Old City' & Folkloric Show by Dance Company tour which we booked through Princess prior to our cruise. It was our favorite excursion on that particular cruise. We booked all of our excursions through Princess prior to the cruise.

You can view the excursion details at the link below

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=2631A

My wife took some wonderful pictures during our cruise which she made into a slide shows for her website. You might enjoy viewing it to get an idea of what you might like to do at each port. We were on the Partial Transit but it visits most of the same ports that you will see on your cruise.

You may click on the link below to go directly to her Panama Canal slideshows.

Our Panama Canal Cruise Cruise

Happy Cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Hello,

My wife and I have only been on one cruise, Princess to Alaska, and we really enjoyed the whole experience. We decided to go on a longer one and , this November, we are taking the Princess Coral cruise from Los Angeles through the canal to Fort Lauderdale. What excursions do you suggest and is it better to book with Princess or some other company?

Hi! If you are sailing on the Coral Princess Nov. 22nd please come and join the roll call. Someone on the roll call has organized private tours in some of the ports, most of them still have room. These tours all seem pretty comprehensive with well respected tour companies. I am going on at least one of them - Nicaragua and am undecided on the Cartagena tour but I want to do it. You will find out much more there as well.

When we docked at Cartegena, Columbia, we went on the 'Old City' & Folkloric Show by Dance Company tour which we booked through Princess prior to our cruise. It was our favorite excursion on that particular cruise. We booked all of our excursions through Princess prior to the cruise.

You can view the excursion details at the link below

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=2631A

My wife took some wonderful pictures during our cruise which she made into a slide shows for her website. You might enjoy viewing it to get an idea of what you might like to do at each port. We were on the Partial Transit but it visits most of the same ports that you will see on your cruise.

Happy Cruising!

Thank you for posting the slideshow. Great pictures! We are going on the Coral partial transit next December and I am undecided whether to take the ferry excursion. My husband has COPD and he doesn't think he should take the ferry. Your slides certainly indicate there is a lot to be seen from the ship!

Happy Cruising!

Nice pix, thanks for posting the link. Your wife has a good eye. :)

Not sure if you are still on this post or it you are just on your cruise roll call but, when we were in Aruba we did the Tikes of Aruba ( google it) and had a blast. Went all over the island and saw places the other ship excursions don't go to. Riding the trikes was a thrill and easy to learn, even if you have never ridden a motorcycle before. Hope you have a great cruise, Panama Canal should be a MUST for every traveller.

Hello,

Cabo San Lucas was our favorite port - took the Arch catamaran with Princess

Cartagena 2nd favourite though extremely hot ...we chose a very experienced private tour guide here.

Puerto Quepos - disappointing mangrove Princess tour

Curacao - charming town with obvious Dutch influence. We took a nice trolley train tour here

Topolobamo - expensive train trip to the Copper canyon was the best choice (we stayed on board here)

Enjoy your Panama transit cruise :)

Hello,

If you have a Discover card, book with them. You will receive 5% cash back on your cruise. We're going in December but from Ft. Lauderdale on the Island Princess. This will be our second Panama Canal cruise. We booked under a special offer through Discover and received 10% cash back, $500 OBC, and just saved an additional $240 on a price drop. Worth looking into. go to the Discover Card website for details.

If you stop in Puerto Chiapas, Mexico, I recommend the chocolate-making and Mayan ruins tour, which we took through Princess in Feb.

Low-key and not the usual thing. The runs are not strictly Mayan -- they're 2000 years old. Plus, you get to eat lots of chocolate.🇲🇽

Edited by SeaMystique