Can I wear nice, dressier shorts to dinner

BIG difference between wearing shorts in the MDR and lighting up a cigar, don't you think? Leave the superlatives at the door please.

Let me see if I understand what you are saying-----you don't object to the tank top and baseball cap, only the cigar?

If you don't want to do it, then either don't cruise or accept that you need to dine in the casual venues. Simple enough.

Or maybe since your experience is so cheapened by someone wearing shorts to the MDR and since Royal Caribbean obviously no longer cares that people wear shorts to the MDR, you could find another cruise line that has a dress code and ENFORCES it or just accept that some are going to wear shorts. Simple enough.

Sincerely,

One that has NEVER wore shorts to the MDR nor has any plans to.

Oh and by the way, the rudest and loudest people Ive seen in the MDR were in full formal wear on my last cruise. The heathen shorts wearing people were having a nice quiet dinner and minding their own business.

Edited by ryano

Question? Do you think the OP read all 6 pages? :rolleyes: We should just have a stock reply to these threads, cause you're right these pop up all the time and the answer does not change. We just all get suckered into the same discussion.

How about this for a stock reply next time:

Is there a dress code? Yes

Is it enfored? Rarely

Are there people that do not like that RCCL does not enforce it? Heck YA!!

Are there people that couldn't care less? Heck YA!!

Will RCCL do anything about it? Heck NO!

What if I just can stand people in Shorts in the MDR and are ready to poke my eyes out? TRY another cruise line!

What if I want to wear what I want without people giving me dirty looks?

It's call NCL try it, you'll love it!

Happy cruising!

Edited by Duke Mazer

I very seldom post but I am going to come back on here again with my personal experience. I have already posted about the Grandeur of the Seas but let me reiterate one more time. On the Grandeur Bermuda sailing June 5, 2015 men wearing "nice" shorts were stopped and asked to change for the dinner meal.

Royal's enforcement of the "no shorts for dinner in the MDR" rule seems to depend on the ship you are sailing. If you are sailing on the Grandeur, please be sure to bring long pants if you want to eat in the MDR for dinner.

Please forgive me if I have been repetitive but there is no doubt about the Grandeur.