You CAN bring alcohol on the Liberty !!

bobbi3

We discovered at our second port that you can bring booze on the boat.

I had a couple bottles of wine I had bought as gifts, but when we went thru the x-ray machine, no one said a word. I thought for sure they would take them away. So at the next port, we brought back a couple of bottles of vodka and rum. Party in my room !!!!:)

We discovered at our second port that you can bring booze on the boat.

I had a couple bottles of wine I had bought as gifts, but when we went thru the x-ray machine, no one said a word. I thought for sure they would take them away. So at the next port, we brought back a couple of bottles of vodka and rum. Party in my room !!!!:)

You've always been allowed to bring on wine... as for the liquor, it's hit or miss, sometimes they catch it, sometimes they don't. I don't see where they have a relaxed policy for the LIberty, it very well could have been an oversight... I wouldn't want people to board the Liberty thinking they could take on the motherload and have it confiscated... wine is not a problem though. I would suggest anyone cruising on the Liberty call Carnival first to see if they have done away with the alcohol policy...

I guess we got lucky. But truly the security seemed like a joke. Many times I put bags on the ramp (for the x-ray) and they would pick them up and put them back in my hands and tell me to walk it through. And also,when I took the wine, they didn't even open the bag to see that it was wine. We brought alcohol in on 3 more ports, not once did they open the bag. And we werent the only ones. When we spread the word, others brought bottles too. Lucky for us, I guess.

• 3 months later...

Last Sept. I had some Baily's Irish Creme I wanted to take onboard at embarcation in FLL. I poured it into an opaque plastic bottle and carried it on in my backpack that also contained 6 unopened bottles of spring water. They opened the backpack, took everything out and asked what was in the plastic bottle. When I told them it was Baily's they confiscated it and were very firm about bringing liquor (wine and champagne IS permitted) on board. Oh well, I thought I'd try!!

Sablerose and ssheldo - The OP is talking about bringing booze/wine on board from a PORT visited on the cruise, not from your embarkation port.;)

Also - about wine - It's always been that you can bring wine on at the port of embarkation, NOT from the ports-of-call.

Archived