Question re pre-purchasing things on the website before a cruise

heatherRN53

This will be our first cruise and I am wondering how it works when your purchase things on the Celebrity website for your upcoming cruise. For instance, we are interested in speciality dining. If I was to purchase this do I pay for it right away, or is it added to our ship account at the time of the cruise. Just unclear how all this works.

This will be our first cruise and I am wondering how it works when your purchase things on the Celebrity website for your upcoming cruise. For instance, we are interested in speciality dining. If I was to purchase this do I pay for it right away, or is it added to our ship account at the time of the cruise. Just unclear how all this works.

Whatever you purchase on the X website, it needs to be paid for at the same time. If wanting to have added to shipboard account, then you must purchase it on board.

Since this is your first time, please don't get frustrated with the website. It doesn't work well, and it's not you....it's Celebrity.

If you know what you want, gather all the info and then call their number.When asked to select from the prompts choose "booked direct from Celebrity". The person that answers will be happy to:

- take your dining reservations for select dining (if that's what you have),

- make specialty dining reservations

- take excursion reservations

You will be charged at the time for the things that equire an extra charge.

If you want to use onboard credit, then you need to wait to reserve until you get on the ship.

If you want to try and negotaite a discount on specialty dining, then you need to wait until you arrive on board.

I prefer to get the things we know that we want out of the way ahead of time.

As you are Canadian you may want to pre-pay as much as possible if you pay for your cruise in Canadian Dollars. All the things you pre-pay are in the currency in which you pay your cruise. For me it helped a lot to be able to pre-pay in Euros. I even purchased some OBC because the exchange rate was in favor of me. And I was able to avoid being charged for use of foreign currency by my credit card company.

As you are Canadian you may want to pre-pay as much as possible if you pay for your cruise in Canadian Dollars. All the things you pre-pay are in the currency in which you pay your cruise. For me it helped a lot to be able to pre-pay in Euros. I even purchased some OBC because the exchange rate was in favor of me. And I was able to avoid being charged for use of foreign currency by my credit card company.

Definitely pre-buy while the Loonie continues to fall in value.

This thread might also interest you: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236907