Flight Upgrade

Itsbeentoolong

Good morning,

Has anyone upgraded their flights with Thomas Cook out of Gatwick? is it even possible and do you get the 30kg baggage they promote? If so do you do this through P&O or Thomas Cook?

Thanks

Dean

If it is short haul, I don't think you can upgrade the flight.... It's all cattle class...

Re the baggage increase I looked into that and you can pay for the 30kg but you do that with Thomas Cook direct.

We have premium flights with Thomas Cook from Gatwick to Barbados; booked direct through P&O with the cruise. Have previously done this a couple of times with Thomson. I notice that the luggage allowance with Thomas Cook is slightly more generous than with Thomson. TC give you 30kg in hold (max bag weight 23kg) and 10kg in the cabin. That's a hefty 80kg between us in total, which is 10kg more than Thomson (28kg/7kg respectively). This means I can take as many pairs of shoes as I wish, regardless of what my DH says............Well worth it.

If you do want to upgrade your flights, I wouldn't hang about as the cabin is smaller and seats go quite quickly. For us it's a deal breaker; on a charter flight, if we can't get premium seats, we don't go.

We have premium flights with Thomas Cook from Gatwick to Barbados; booked direct through P&O with the cruise. Have previously done this a couple of times with Thomson. I notice that the luggage allowance with Thomas Cook is slightly more generous than with Thomson. TC give you 30kg in hold (max bag weight 23kg) and 10kg in the cabin. That's a hefty 80kg between us in total, which is 10kg more than Thomson (28kg/7kg respectively). This means I can take as many pairs of shoes as I wish, regardless of what my DH says............Well worth it.

If you do want to upgrade your flights, I wouldn't hang about as the cabin is smaller and seats go quite quickly. For us it's a deal breaker; on a charter flight, if we can't get premium seats, we don't go.

We're also flying TC to the Caribbean and our luggage allowance is much smaller - 23 kg checked pp and 5 kg in cabin (with limits on dimensions). Is your greater allowance because of the upgrade, NauticalMiss?

We're also flying TC to the Caribbean and our luggage allowance is much smaller - 23 kg checked pp and 5 kg in cabin (with limits on dimensions). Is your greater allowance because of the upgrade, NauticalMiss?

Hi groovechick

Yes, you're right; the extra baggage allowance is because we have booked premium seats. I think that economy seats can buy extra baggage allowance but I can't recall the cost; think the P&O FAQs may provide the answer?

Hi groovechick

Yes, you're right; the extra baggage allowance is because we have booked premium seats. I think that economy seats can buy extra baggage allowance but I can't recall the cost; think the P&O FAQs may provide the answer?

Thanks NauticalMiss. The link provided by BrianI gives info about excess luggage charges, but I think we will try to stick to the 23 kg limit, otherwise our daughter will bring the entire contents of her wardrobe! :D

Good morning,

Has anyone upgraded their flights with Thomas Cook out of Gatwick? is it even possible and do you get the 30kg baggage they promote? If so do you do this through P&O or Thomas Cook?

Thanks

Dean

Hi Dean, generally you have to book them when you book the cruise for premium seating so I doubt there will be any left for our cruise. It would be £1500 for our family to do so and so we haven't bothered this time, we did when it was just the two of us