Questions...St Thomas Excursion

debbie48

:confused: Please help!Who has been on the Ultimate Island Experience excursion?

Have questions on how you got back to the boat and how much did it cost to get back? While reading the description of the tour, it says:

Note: This excursion ends downtown. Guests are responsible for the return transportation to the ship. Tour duration depends on the guest’s personal touring and shopping time.

Any other suggestions of what excursions to see while in St Thomas?

Thanks for your help!

Debbie

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

I took this tour in February, when i was on the Destiny. The tour ends downtown and then you just take a cab to the ship. I believe it was $3 per person. The cabs are all over and very easy to find. I left Blackbeards Castle after being there about 20 minutes, IMO it was very boring. They have shuttles that run from the Castle into town and then you catch a cab.

Chris

Hey! my advice to you is don't do it!!! we just went in jan of 2005, I dragged my hubby on that tour, and it was a waste of time! if we independently went to mohagans beach or saw the historic lighthouse, we would've saved money and time. the tour drops you off in the town which is like 2 miles from the ship, we began walking and figured we could grab a cab, but it didn't happen, and so in the blazing heat and sun we walked all the way back to the ship! maybe we made an error but it still was not worth it to me. the island is beautiful, and there is plenty of shopping at the pier, so please choose wisely and enjoy yourself!!! my cousin told me they took the optional st.johns tour and loved it! maybe next time will do that! hope I was of some assistance!

:D

I will second the St Johns tour to Trunks Bay ( It was 8 years ago so I may be wrong on the name ) It was the most beautiful place I have ever been to. The water and snorkling were amazing.... bring bread to feed the fish, unbelievable pictures. I hope to return someday, I would go back in a heartbeat. Have a great trip.

We did an island tour while in St Thomas that we booked through CCL. We were put into vehicles that were small pickup trucks that they converted by putting seating in the back that is so tight we were literally packed in. Couldn't move at all. I had a bruise on my hip when we were finished. This is not a comfortable way to see such a beautiful island. The taxi fare or bus fare from downtown to the ship is $4 pp. There is a very nice shopping area right at the dock

We were in St Thomas in June. I would highly recommend Godfrey Tours. For $20.00 per person he picked us up at the ship (open safari style truck) and brought us into downtown for 2 hrs of shopping, after the shopping we did a tour of the island which included a stop at the mountain top for a bananna Daquari then off to the beach of your choice for 2 hrs. Everyone in our tour went to Coki beach, its a small beach but the water and fish were amazing. Even if you don't swim or snorkel you can still feed the tropical fish as they swim up to you in waist deep water. You can rent snorkel equipment and buy dog biscuits (for the fish) on the beach or bring it from home. The only complaint here was the change rooms (not the cleanest). After the beach we took another route (tour) while on our way back to the ship, all this for $20.00.

Here's the address for Godfrey http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/. You call or email to book but don't pay until the end of the tour.

Archived