Royal Princess Lido deck cabin noise

sho

I was offered a cabin on Lido deck at the front of the ship. It is directly below the sanctuary.

I wonder if the cabin will be affected by noise of people walking on the wooden deck or chairs being dragged in the sanctuary area above.

Hello,

While I cannot comment specifically to the Royal, I did stay in L102 on the Regal (sister ship) last December (Caribbean sailing) and loved the cabin with the huge balcony. Not sure what cabin they are offering as to whether it would make a difference, however we did not personally hear any noise from the Sanctuary located above.

While it could get windy when cruising, we were still able to use with the chairs pulled back closer to the sliding door. The view up front and the space were worth it to us.

Lisa

We were in L108 and had no noise issues whatsoever

We were in L101 and loved it so much we will be in same cabin Nov. 30 for 10 days. Last cruise we had a Cabin Crawl with our Meet & Greet. 14 of us stood on our deck and a few more could have been squeezed in.

Myrna

I have stayed in L102(Royal),L103(Royal), and L108(Regal) all with forward facing balconies. No trouble with overhead noise other than a very rare dragging of one of the loungers, never early enough to wake me up. There was some wind noise from the rigging on very windy evenings but it didn't really bother me. I loved all of these cabins. The Mini-Suites are very nice. They are also premium cabins and cost more than the regular mini-suites. We loved L108 so much we have booked it again fall 2016 on the Regal for 2 weeks and next 2 winters(2016 and 2017) for 20 days. Actually one of them is L107 but I forgot which one.