Do you get a deck plan when you board?

Baileyjojo

I don't know if you've ever used the site before, but if you can get a subscription to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com, you'll have something which can be very interactive. You can print out PDF's, see images linked from other passengers, and even overlay decks. It's pretty up-to-date so it might be helpful to you.

If you mean detailed plans of each deck seen from above, showing all the cabins etc., you need to download those online before leaving. What they hand out at check-in is the diagram that ColinIllinois linked to, showing the entire ship side-on and indicating what the public areas are on each deck.

Going on Breakaway

Typically, I spend the last few weeks before sailing studying the deck plans (and youtube videos) over and over so that I feel I've got the ship down pat before I even board.

Admittedly, it's a more difficult task for megaships like Breakaway but it can be done!

Typically, I spend the last few weeks before sailing studying the deck plans (and youtube videos) over and over so that I feel I've got the ship down pat before I even board.

Admittedly, it's a more difficult task for megaships like Breakaway but it can be done!

I do the exact same thing. I recently went on the Getaway, which was my first time on NCL, and I could pretty much navigate myself from the minute I boarded...

Our cruise is coming up in two weeks, about a month ago, I got onto the website you can find a diagram and a handy reference called " mini guide" has actually two sides to it, that shows the deck plans, enlarged it, printed off and laminated it so it would fold and fit pocket size. If the deck plans they give you on board are anything like what we got on the Gem last year, they are paper and very thin, they do not last the whole week. Another thing i did was take the " listing" for what is on each deck , printed it , took it " sideways", and cut the sections to fit , again pocket size, they are already labeled at the top of each section " Dining, Fun and Fitness, Entertainment, etc. stapled it , like a little handy pocket booklet with the venues label sticking up, I figured this way, since Breakaway is a very large ship, if we, if our son and grandson put these in their packs they take to the pool, or even to the beach, if we want to meet up with them at a specific place , they have it right with them, laminated again, so it doesn't get soaking wet. Genius idea, right ?