Beach day by myself

Mrs.Gosse

We were in Cozumel in March and the men went fishing and the ladies went to Playa Mia. I loved Playa mia a lot (booked through the ship) and now we are returning to cozumel, just the 2 of us, in January. My husband is thinking he would still like to fish so I am wondering if Playa Mia should be were I go again or would anyone recommend one of these other beach clubs for someone on their own ? I'm not very comfortable taking a cab on my own so there would need to be a group style pick up near the pier. I see everyone talking about all these other beach resorts so I would just like some first hand opinions. Thanks in advance.

I will be looking for something AI and I am not likely to do any water toys.

Nachi Cocom sounds like a fit for you - AI (food/drinks) for about $55, not crowded (limited to 100 guests per day), great service/food/drinks, no water toys, small pool with swim-up bar :D, nice beach, etc.

I would join up with others from your roll call to share a cab ride from the piers to Nachi (about $17+tip for up to 4 passengers in the cab); if you want to leave early or decide to stay longer the waiters there will call for a taxi when you are ready. Cabs in Coz are fairly well regulated - something I cannot say about Philly! :mad:

There are 3 cruise ship pier areas on Coz - be sure to write down the one you are going back to; sometimes I get a bit confused after 10-12 margaritas :o

I'm not very comfortable taking a cab on my own so there would need to be a group style pick up near the pier.

I think there are websites where you can book Playa Mia with a van pickup, but I would highly encourage you to step out of your comfort zone with this one.

The taxis in Cozumel are highly regulated; and Cozumel itself is incredibly safe for tourists. You would be just as safe alone in one as with others. (Really the only thing you need to worry about is a car accident, which can happen regardless of people in the car.)