Sovereign of the Seas..no quads available

eileen226

We are a group of six going on SOS 4/17. Because it is an Easter sailing and they are expecting a full ship, there are no quad occupancies (or triples) available. I have three SO cabins on reserve. Does anyone know if availability for quads ever opens up and how would I go about checking that (other than the RCCL website). Any other suggestions? The four girls we are taking really wanted to stay together in a suite, but I would have had to book three suites to accomodate us all, and none of them are adjoining, and the cost was almost double compared to the three SO's. Thanks!

I booked for the Sov. last year at that time. I had booked in Aug. and was told no triples available. I wasn't sure that DH was going to be able to go so it wasn't a huge problem, decided if he could go I'd just canx and go on another ship. I met people on that cruise that booked AFTER I did and they were in a triple, so evidently at some point they did open it up. But If I am correct usually their 3rd and4th in a cabin pricing is so close to the first 2 that it seems worth the extra $$ to get them adjoining cabins. The cabins are TINY and this way they could have 2 bathrooms too. If that is an option that would be the way I would go. Good luck I hope it all works out for you :)

Just noticed you have SO, the difference between the SO and OV is not that much. I little extra room, but if you go to just o/v maybe the cost will level out a little. There are some decent O/V on Deck 8. But don't book Deck7, it's promenade people walking by the rooms all the time, and Deck 6 can be noisy in the am w/ joggers and walkers going by overhead.

We are going on the same sailing! We have a group of 14 - my family of 6 plus one friend and a mother-in-law, my parents and my sister and her 2 kids. My parents got a huge suite, my sister has an SO quad, my MIL and I have an SO double, my husband and 2 boys and then the 3 girls (16, 17 and 17) have connecting SO triples. We booked in like May or June because I noticed the triples and quads were disappearing fast. Are there any connecting doubles available that the girls could share? How old are your girls? One of mine will be 16 and my other one and her friend will be about a week shy of their 18th birthdays. Maybe we will run into each other! Diana

we just came off the SOS - booked an inside "gty" - Assigned an inside on deck 3. Only 2 of us but cabin was a quad. We knew the room would be painfully tiny at just 119' but the quad closed it in even more. The pricing on the SOS is excellent, no matter the category/sailing date. If you can't get a quad, you'll be happy you booked two to a cabin by taking add'l cabins. We found on the SOS, we really weren't in the cabin that long as it was only a 4 nt sailing, so we maximized our time out of the cabin. Bon Voyage!

One other thought. When I was booking our double room (a month after the others), RCCL's website and other websites were showing limited availability. When I called RCCL, it turned out that the room right next to our triples was open. This never showed up on any website as being available. So maybe calling reservations at RCCL is the way to go.

Archived