Come On B2B people!!!!

pbmsmile

Great info on b2b's. Breeze is our favorite ship as well and are doing another b2b on her next year. One thing I'm not sure about is how it works when you become Platinum on the 2nd leg. We've got a b2b planned for Vista in 2017. After we get off and turn around and get back on, will we really see the Platinum card and benefits? Or does it take awhile for that to take effect. Either way, can't wait!

If you are doing a b2b on the same ship you will be Platinum for both legs, enjoy!

Hi Pbmsmile :)

I remember when my wife & I disembarked our very 1st voyage in 1982, a 9 day sailing; we looked at each other & said, "WE HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN!" and ever since that day, all of our voyages have been B2B's.

Always long sailings. Our shortest to date has been 14-days. You really just begin to get comfy cozy around day 5 or 6, could never imagine getting off a ship on day 7, 8 or 9.

We have always stayed in the same stateroom. In over 3 decades we've never had 2 cabins. Although we have been offered stateroom upgrades over the years, but so far, never for both legs. So we stay put.

We typically try to see, attend & participate in at least half or more of the shows, activities, events, etc.. during the 1st leg of the voyage. And half during the 2nd leg. Whatever we miss, we catch the week after.

The overall feel and pace of the entire voyage is extremely relaxed.

It's nice to try all of the food offerings aboard a cruise ship during a B2B as well. We also enjoy specialty restaurant(s) during the 2nd formal/elegant evening(s), and never miss a Chef's Table dinner.

If or when a particular menu repeat comes around in which we don't want to participate in (which is not often) we simply have dinner in a specialty restaurant. It's a bonus to us if there is more than one specialty restaurant aboard.

On turnaround day we often pick up our in-transit pass & go through customs in our bathing suits, then we go directly to an empty pool or hot tub when we re-embark.

However, sometimes we will actually (use) the in-transit passes & disembark completely and make turnaround day a port day with something planned, then head back to the ship a couple hours prior to sailaway. Embarking with an in-transit pass after disembarking completely for the day, is lightening fast.

We also try to put together B2B's that have 2 different itineraries. But have sailed the same itenerary on a handful of our B2B's in the past.

Just completed another B2B aboard the Breeze in May. A 14-day sailing which was an 8-day voyage mixed with a 6-day voyage. It was an outstanding sailing!!!! The only minor downfall was the huge difference between passengers from the 6-day to the 8-day.

Whenever possible, we try to put together two B2B's that are 7, 8 or more days each & try to avoid a short & long B2B sailing. Two long B2B's have a far better feel to them.

Enjoy your 1st B2B!! You're going to have a wonderful time!

Have a terrific day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

If you are doing a b2b on the same ship you will be Platinum for both legs, enjoy!

Not necessarily true. I was on a b2b when I turned Platinum on the second half. I had to go round and round with GS. I had taken a copy of my cruise history with me so it wasn't hard to prove. GS kept saying that I had only taken 8 on record, had to show them my boarding pass from the prior week.

I have a B2B booked for later this year but am considering making it a B2B2B, even though that will still only be 10 days total. :rolleyes:

The only downside I see to adding the third B is that it is a 2-day cruise on the front-end, and from what I understand Cheers and luggage porters are not provided on 2-day cruises.

Love the B2Bs!

Our first was a 48 day B2B2B from Los Angeles to New York around Cape Horn in South America. Talk about jumping in with both feet! We have done 2 more since then the latest being 21 days in the Caribbean. You really get to know the ship from top to bottom. After a while the MDR menu does get boring as there is not much variation from the typical 7 day menu. The same things over and over and over. This is the only downside.

B2Bs are addictive. :) We've done 3 now (Dream, Sunshine and Fascination) with 4 more booked (Valor in Nov, Sunshine in Jan and April, and Magic in Jan 2017.)

Addictive for sure. Did first back to back first of year, 21 days, have 28 day b2b first of year, b2b2b first of 2016 for 21 days and considering adding an additional 7 days. 21 days now not enough!

After we get off and turn around and get back on, will we really see the Platinum card and benefits? Or does it take awhile for that to take effect. Either way, can't wait!

Yes!! :D You will be Platinum on the 2nd leg and get to enjoy all the perks. However, Carnival's computer system doesn't update that quickly so you may be given a Gold card for the 2nd leg. Just go to Guest Services and explain and they'll make you a shiny new Platinum card right then and there. Enjoy, being Platinum is awesome!! :D

Not true. My Mom turned Platinum on the 2nd leg of our 1st B2B on the Dream (I already was Platinum, had been for a cruise or 2). She was only Platinum for the 2nd leg, not the 1st. She actually was given a Gold S&S Card for the 2nd leg, had to go to Guest Services and explain. They printed her a new Platinum card on the spot!! :D

Yes!! :D You will be Platinum on the 2nd leg and get to enjoy all the perks. However, Carnival's computer system doesn't update that quickly so you may be given a Gold card for the 2nd leg. Just go to Guest Services and explain and they'll make you a shiny new Platinum card right then and there. Enjoy, being Platinum is awesome!! :D

Not true. My Mom turned Platinum on the 2nd leg of our 1st B2B on the Dream (I already was Platinum, had been for a cruise or 2). She was only Platinum for the 2nd leg, not the 1st. She actually was given a Gold S&S Card for the 2nd leg, had to go to Guest Services and explain. They printed her a new Platinum card on the spot!! :D

Well it worked for me for Platinum and Diamond. I wonder if it was because my PVP flagged and connected them as B2B. She said she was setting them up that way.

We are sailing our first B2B on the Vista in January 2017. I am so flipping excited!!! We are booked in a Havana Cabana cabin for both legs, and we will get to see a new port on both legs (Grand Caymen and St Kitts) plus we get to go to our favorite port of all, Grand Turk. I can't wait to see the new ship and the new ports!

On a side note, we are sailing on the Glory next October over Haloween in the Scenic Grand Oceanview (9201) and I am super excited to see the room. I love my balconies, but this room has me curious and the views look spectacular!

Yea!! Thats my cabin on the second leg of the cruise!! It looks amazing and I cannot wait to watch the water from my chaise lounge!!

Well it worked for me for Platinum and Diamond. I wonder if it was because my PVP flagged and connected them as B2B. She said she was setting them up that way.

Possibly, but that wasn't the case for our cruise, we booked through Carnival and were for sure flagged as a B2B. I even went to Guest Services part way though the 1st cruise and they said we were defiantly on their B2B list. Both Mom and I sure wish we had your good luck, maybe we will if we happen to turn Diamond on a B2B!! :D Maybe it worked out because you were turning Diamond?

We pack up the morning of the switch. Leave your clothes on the hangers but pack every thing else. Cabin steward will move the stuff for you. I take our expensive, personal items with us, things that are in the safe (phone, tablet, money, id, etc)

Make sure and let your cabin steward know you are on a b2b. I also go and tell the cabin steward for the second half of our b2b that we will be staying on the ship and he will be our new steward about half way through the first cruise.

Also, go to guest services during the first cruise to make sure they have you listed as being on a b2b. I have had several times when they did not know.

We have always tipped the steward extra when he/she has had to move us.

Just wondering..how much extra did you tip him/her so I have an idea?? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Going on our first b2b this October aboard my favorite ship. The Carnival Breeze. Going to do the 8 day then the 6 day. First cabin is a deluxe oceanview on Riviera deck. Second leg is a balcony on the Lido deck. My PVP said my mom will be platinum on second leg and will receive her platinum card as such. Right around the corner and cannot wait.

I'm excited to be going on a B2B on the Breeze!!! This will be my first time experiencing this on a Carnival ship. My first B2B was on RCCL Jewel of the Seas, and I enjoyed being on a cruise for 14 days!!

The first leg of my trip, it will be a friend and I on the Breeze 6-day, going to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

The second leg, my friend will go home, but I will be joined by my mom, other family members, and several cruise friends that travel with us every year. We're doing the Breeze 8-day cruise to Grand Turk, Dominican Rep, Curacao and Aruba. This was actually my original vacation plan, but I had an opportunity to add to my vacation, so I booked the sailing prior to this one.

I can't wait!!!:D:D:D

Edited by deetrayn

We're doing a B2B on the Carnival Breeze starting March 20, 2015. The first part is 6 days and after researching this ship we decided 6 days was not enough time so we just added 8 days to it!! It will be my husband, me and our 5 kids. I'm most excited about our last port, St Maarten. We stayed there before and so we already know where we want to take the kids.

All this talk of "Once you go B2B you'll never go back" has me just a little worried. :) It's pretty rare that I can do two weeks away from work without some serious pleading.

My wife and I have booked a B2B on the Freedom in May of '16. We have an aft balcony and have the same cabin for both weeks. The only repeat port is Cozumel so we get to go to 4 new ports and are quite excited about that. To be truthful I'm a little worried that I'll get a little restless toward the end of 2 weeks.

Suppose I could have worse problems.

Question re: Back to Back on the Breeze in Miami, or actually any Carnival sailing, I suppose.

What is the turnaround day in Miami like? I'd assume that there are special procedures to get through Customs/Immigration.

Any recent experience here to relate?

gary

What's the easiest way to find a B2B? Is there some sort of trick, or does it just require hours & hours of research? TIA.

I don't understand the question -- a B2B is just two consecutive cruises on the same ship.

Most people prefer ones that have alternating itineraries so the ports don't repeat.

I don't understand the question -- a B2B is just two consecutive cruises on the same ship.

Most people prefer ones that have alternating itineraries so the ports don't repeat.

Thanks, I know what it is, I'm trying to figure out if there's an easier way to find one besides filtering ship by ship, month by month on the Carnival site. Is there another site that has already done all of the leg work?