Where did you stay in Copenhagen-What were the best attributes.

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza next week. Not my choice but went thru cruise line. It is 3.3 miles from city center. We can always take a taxi. What was temp when you were there. Don't know about ac. I am concerned!!

Our cruise sailed August 1, 2015.

We stayed 2 nights pre-cruise at Hotel Twentyseven. Best attributes: Location near Tivoli, the Stoget and the National Museum (which is free, but closed on Mondays); Buffet Breakfast was very nice; price was fair. They also had an ice machine in the hallway and an elevator if this is important to you. Beware the water from the shower goes everywhere (this was tolerable for two days, but more than that would be a pain).

Post cruise we stayed one night at Copenhagen Strand. Best attributes: Location near Nyhavn (right on the water and within a few blocks of restaurants and the canal tours). Buffet breakfast was also very nice. Elevator was larger and newer than the one at Hotel Twentyseven, but there was no ice machine (they did give us some ice from the bar at the check in counter).

Both rooms were small. Neither had air conditioning (but Strand had a fan). Both buffet breakfasts were presented in a comfortable setting and had a nice presentation. Both hotels had wifi and cable TV.

Enjoy your cruise!

We just got back and stayed at the Scandic Palace. I choose it for both the location and the fact there was air conditioning. We were there are 8/21 and I can guarantee we were happy with the A/C.

The location as fantastic-about 4 blocks from central station which made an easy transfer on the train from the airport. It is across the street from the city center. The pedestrian walking street starts at the hotel and goes to Nyhavn. It was about a 20-25 minute walk to Nyhavn where the hotels looked to be a good location as well. It was across the street from Tivoli as well.

We booked a Superior Plus room online direct through the Scandic website. It was a few bucks cheaper through Expedia, but I preferred booking direct instead. The room was great size with a separate shower "room" and bathroom/vanity area. It had a balcony overlooking the front. I thought it was quiet. The tower bells ring up until midnight, but we were out that late so it did not bother me. I thought the windows were pretty sound proof otherwise. It does get noisy outside as the nightlife is hopping on Friday/Saturday nights. You might as well join them :)

one thing I noted in my survey to the hotel was their check-in didn't mentioned the benefits and I would have appreciated understanding some of that. Breakfast is included, but I forgot since I booked the hotel about 6 months prior. Also, they provide 10% discount tickets to Tivoli that they can charge to your room. I did buy them there, but it was a guest that mentioned it to me. There might be other discounts/benefits but you have to ask them.

The morning of check out we were able to leave our bags at the front while we toured a bit before getting a taxi to go to the ship.

We just got back and stayed at the Scandic Palace. I choose it for both the location and the fact there was air conditioning. We were there are 8/21 and I can guarantee we were happy with the A/C.

The location as fantastic-about 4 blocks from central station which made an easy transfer on the train from the airport. It is across the street from the city center. The pedestrian walking street starts at the hotel and goes to Nyhavn. It was about a 20-25 minute walk to Nyhavn where the hotels looked to be a good location as well. It was across the street from Tivoli as well.

We booked a Superior Plus room online direct through the Scandic website. It was a few bucks cheaper through Expedia, but I preferred booking direct instead. The room was great size with a separate shower "room" and bathroom/vanity area. It had a balcony overlooking the front. I thought it was quiet. The tower bells ring up until midnight, but we were out that late so it did not bother me. I thought the windows were pretty sound proof otherwise. It does get noisy outside as the nightlife is hopping on Friday/Saturday nights. You might as well join them :)

one thing I noted in my survey to the hotel was their check-in didn't mentioned the benefits and I would have appreciated understanding some of that. Breakfast is included, but I forgot since I booked the hotel about 6 months prior. Also, they provide 10% discount tickets to Tivoli that they can charge to your room. I did buy them there, but it was a guest that mentioned it to me. There might be other discounts/benefits but you have to ask them.

The morning of check out we were able to leave our bags at the front while we toured a bit before getting a taxi to go to the ship.

Glad to hear that you liked this hotel. We were seriously considering it but the price of The Square Hotel across the square from the Scandic Palace was cheaper during the dates we were there--also probably waited too long to make a reservation. We also were looking for A/C which eliminated most hotels.

That area is very centrally located. We enjoyed Copenhagen a lot so there could be a chance we would go back and this hotel would definitely be on my list to consider for a future stay.

Thanks again for the information on hotels. I am getting close to making air reservations and then I will make hotel reservations. Air reservations are first since I will be using mileage so sometimes you can't get the date you want and have to be flexible.