Staying over day before in Orlando/Port Canaveral

ashjt44

Myself and 5 girlfriends are wanting to fly into Orlando the night before our cruise in February, just in case Mother Nature turns nasty. I was just wondering if the people that have done this before would give me some advice on whether to stay out near the airport somewhere or go on to Port Canaveral and pick a hotel there. We are getting a car service with a van to transport from airport to the port. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your input.

We're flying in 2 days before and having a day at disney!! But in answer to tour question not sure where is best but there is a hotel in the airport complex....suppose it could all depend on what time your flight gets in as to which is the best option?!

Myself and 5 girlfriends are wanting to fly into Orlando the night before our cruise in February, just in case Mother Nature turns nasty. I was just wondering if the people that have done this before would give me some advice on whether to stay out near the airport somewhere or go on to Port Canaveral and pick a hotel there. We are getting a car service with a van to transport from airport to the port. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your input.

Sounds like a wonderful journey the 6 of you will be embarking on! DH and I don't fly in but we do drive in the day before. We worry about traffic while you worry about weather!

Unless your flight comes in at night, why not take a shuttle to an Orlando area hotel and visit one of the attractions like Disney Market Place (Christmas/Birthday shopping for the nieces and nephews) or Universal City Walk (I love Blue Man Group and the shopping as well)? Neither require an entrance ticket and there are lots of hotels close by to both of them. Then you can hire a shuttle to get you to the port. It's about 45 to 60 minutes depending on traffic.

Otherwise, if you are all coming in at night, I'd head for the coastal area for a hotel which provides a free shuttle to the port. Love the sounds of waves breaking on the beach! If you don't have anyone in your party who is a light sleeper, staying around the airport isn't all that bad either.

Whatever you decide, enjoy the journey, and take lots of pictures and videos! Have a great time!

I am leaving from PC too. I am very familiar with Orlando and I too am facing the same choice. Both have pros, both have cons.

We are flying in the day before and staying 2 to 3 days after. One of my favorite hotels in the world happens to be in Orlando so we will stay there after.

Option 1- Arrive MCO Friday and take hotel shuttle to one of the real nice yet inexpensive airport hotels. We are talking about $60 for the Hampton. I have Hilton status and points so I will pick a Hilton. Pros are low cost, easy transport to hotel and many options for transport to the port in the am. Dozens of shuttle companies but we would probably use Uber. Cons are 45 mins from the port.

Option 2- Arrive MCO and grab Uber to a Hilton in Cocoa Beach. Pros are close to port, stay on the beach. Cons are far more expensive, money or points, limited transport options, not a lot of time to use the beach anyway. Some hotels offer free shuttle, some charge a fee but none will get you there early enough for my tastes. I also find that stretch of Cocoa Beach to be a little sketchy. Not real bad, but I wouldn't walk alone at night.

You could also look into fly snooze cruise. They offer one price for transport from airport to hotel, hotel stay and transport to port. https://www.goportcanaveral.com/orlando-how-many-people.html

I will likely stay at the Hampton Gateway and Uber to Port early am picking up a case of water on the way. After disembarkation I will grab an Uber to the Hilton Orlando on Destination Pkwy. The service there is stellar, they have a great steakhouse and on the trolley line at International Drive. The also have an amazing pool and lazy river. A little vacation to recover from my vacation.

Since you say flying in at NIGHT, I would choose one of the brands right outside of the airport. There are about 6 different restaurants you can choose from near the hotels (Chili's, Tony Roma, Sonny's BBQ, Denny's all on one side, or even Cracker Barrel) and TGIF on the other side. Hotel wise you have all the major brands....

Just have the car/van service meet you out front of which ever hotel you have. It is approximately 45 minutes to the port.

Edited by FireEater