Speedboat Excursions?

dreamr

Hi there!

A couple of years ago, I took the "Captain Bob" excursion in St. Maarten and had a blast! Unfortunately, the cruise I have coming up in a few months does not go to St. Maarten, so I am trying to find a similar excursion on at least one of the ports I will be visiting (St. Thomas, Tortola, and Nassau).

In case you've never heard of Captain Bob's excursion, it was an all day excursion on a speedboat that holds approximately 12 people. He took us around on a nice tour of the island, stopping at a few places to snorkel, then took us to another small island to have some lunch (included in the excursion price), and then we went to Maho Beach to watch the planes coming in. After that, we headed back to port, but on the way, had some fun doing tricks with the boat. It was a LOT of fun!

Unfortunately, I've been unsuccessful in finding a similar excursion for one of these three ports. Most sites I've found are for chartering a boat, and since I'm a solo traveler, I don't need the whole boat to myself (nor the price tag that comes with it!). :P

Anyone have any suggestions for excursions that might be worth checking out?

Thanks in advance! :)

Times In Port:

St. Thomas: 8 AM - 6 PM

Tortola: 7 AM - 3 PM

Nassau: 12 PM - 7 PM

I'm not sure what kind of tricks the boat was doing, but remember that St Thomas is in the United States VI and liability issues are much different than other jurisdictions in the Caribbean. There are day long powerboat excursions that will take you snorkeling, but the only boat tricks I know of is a boat that does donuts on a quick ride outside the harbor.

I actually considered that one (and I haven't ruled it out yet) because it looks like so much fun! The only drawback is that I seem to remember it only be a 2-hour excursion and I was kind of hoping to find one that spent a little more time out on the water. :/

I guess I'll try to find another more snorkel-oriented excursion (even though I don't really do much snorkeling, I go more for the boat ride lol).

Thanks. :)