Ugrade Advice

karen_cpa

Good morning everyone!

Could use a little advice - yesterday at 5:32pm we got an email from the Upsell department about upgrading to a suite for our upcoming cruise. All of the suite options were listed, along with the "upgrade" price.

It said the normal business operations of the upsell department are Monday - Friday, 9-5 (weird since we got an email at 5:32pm on a Friday, but I guess it was auto-generated). It said outside of those times to just email them if we were interested.

None of the deals were great, they were all close to just rebooking at the suite level. I emailed back with a counter-offer, but am wondering if I should just call the regular 800-number? Killing me to wait until Monday, LOL!!!!

Any advice? Any chance of my counter-offer (about 50% of their current deal) will be accepted?

Thanks!!!!!!

Thanks! That was our original reaction also.

I countered with $500 in total for the SE/SF. Don't think they will accept it, but who knows.

Always worth a shot. Do tell if they respond or if you call and whatever their response is.

We received a similar offer last June for the Dawn, but decided to stay with our balcony cabin. The extra money the suite would have cost, is being saved toward our next cruise.

Yes, the cabin was small, but how much time do we spend in it. We had a balcony, a large comfortable bed, and we were happy with it.

Hi, I am on the August 2 Breakaway Cruise. I received the email upsell offer and called to counter and they wouldn't accept it. They said the new offer just went out and they could not change the price. Well, I did not book it, but over the next 3 weeks, I received 4 email offers. Each time the price was reduced.

Thanks everyone! I called the 800 number on the email and it said messaged will be dealt with in order received. My email went out crazy early this morning so I am hopeful. We only have 6 days until sailing so hopefully they are desperate.

Does it pay to call general 800 number? Or just wait for up sell department on Monday (4 days before sailing)?

Thanks everyone! I called the 800 number on the email and it said messaged will be dealt with in order received. My email went out crazy early this morning so I am hopeful. We only have 6 days until sailing so hopefully they are desperate.

Does it pay to call general 800 number? Or just wait for up sell department on Monday (4 days before sailing)?

Call on Monday The upsell dept. is the ones that can wheel and deal.

We were on the Getaway for the July 18th sailing. Booked in a BA - mid ship balcony. About 3 weeks prior received email offering Haven suite upgrades - lowest price was $750 each. Didn't respond. Four days before cruise received another email offering H9 - spa Haven for $500 each. We jumped on it, and is the best $1,000 we ever spent. We absolutely loved the spa and the Haven privileges. It will be hard to ever cruise any other way again.

So, no response to either my e-mail or voicemail. But today at 3:53pm I got another upgrade e-mail which is exactly the same as the original, except the H2 offer is gone.

$500pp for an SE/SF

$1,000pp for an H5

$2,000pp for an H3

ETA: I called the Upsell number and they won't budge on the $500pp for the SE, but she said to keep a good eye on email as this close if no one bites, the emails can come pretty often with a reduction.

Edited by karen_cpa

I'm on the 10/4/15 Breakaway. Has anyone had any luck about being proactive and calling the upsell department (I haven't received any offers) and seeing if they will offer any discounts? I have been watching prices but they haven't really changed in the last 2 months.