Royston tour?

Love2travel4

Hello again everyone - we just returned from the Royston tour this week. Royston contacted me thru email the day we arrived. Royston is in the US this week. His cousin Ashton ran the tour and it was amazing. I would recommend this tour (if you can get a confirmation). Ashton has a larger van with AC that worked perfect for our group of 6 (you could easily fit 8). The smaller group allowed to see much more than the Thenford tour. He had all the beer - Soda- Juices we could drink. We also stopped for some local meat pies. My favorite tour ever - been cruising since '99

I am debating between Royston and Thenford...on your tour did you do the island tour and did it include lunch as well as all the bevvies?

Thanks, Cathy

I am debating between Royston and Thenford...on your tour did you do the island tour and did it include lunch as well as all the bevvies?

Thanks, Cathy

Thenford's tour didn't include lunch or alcoholic beverages - he did offer ice water for us several times - but almost all of our stops included food/drinks if we wished to purchase anything though.

Have fun, whatever you choose!!

Thenford's tour didn't include lunch or alcoholic beverages - he did offer ice water for us several times - but almost all of our stops included food/drinks if we wished to purchase anything though.

Have fun, whatever you choose!!

Thanks, yes I knew that Thenford's tour didn't include food but was asking about Royston's tour which racerxspeedy took

Cathy

Thanks, Cathy

Hello - The Royston Tour cost includes the cost of the "lunch" stop. Since we had Ashton this stop was at a local sandwich store near the Marriot for meat pies. Typically Royston provides home made "roll up" (cold) sandwiches, but Ashton did not have these. These "jamaican" meat pies had an orange flaky pastry crust with a meat/cheese/sauce filling. We ate the pies in the van since we were late getting to eat. The pies were hot in both temperature and spice level. I liked them, but one person in our group of 6 thought they were too spicy. We stopped again later and grabbed some chips. Ashton bought more pies than we could eat.

I hope this helps.

Hello - The Royston Tour cost includes the cost of the "lunch" stop. Since we had Ashton this stop was at a local sandwich store near the Marriot for meat pies. Typically Royston provides home made "roll up" (cold) sandwiches, but Ashton did not have these. These "jamaican" meat pies had an orange flaky pastry crust with a meat/cheese/sauce filling. We ate the pies in the van since we were late getting to eat. The pies were hot in both temperature and spice level. I liked them, but one person in our group of 6 thought they were too spicy. We stopped again later and grabbed some chips. Ashton bought more pies than we could eat.

I hope this helps.

thank you, yes, that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this helps.

I just heard back from Royston and he said that our ship (Celebrity Sillouette) gets in to late so he did not want to take us on a tour. Our ship docks at 8 am! So to me this is just an excuse.

Do you know if Ashton has a way of reaching him directly or just through Royston? and what time did your tour start?

I just heard back from Royston and he said that our ship (Celebrity Sillouette) gets in to late so he did not want to take us on a tour. Our ship docks at 8 am! So to me this is just an excuse.

Do you know if Ashton has a way of reaching him directly or just through Royston? and what time did your tour start?

I had contacted both Royston and Thenford...Royston eventually emailed back that he thought he might be booked that day and that I should look elsewhere for a tour :eek: Not sure how he got the reputation he has but with responses like this he won't have a good one for long.

On the other hand, Thenford replied back within 24 hours and was very happy to accept DH and I for a tour. He was very gracious and we are now looking forward to touring with him!

Yes, something must be going on with Royston. I had two replies, one saying he was off island and couldn't book us, the other saying he doesn't pick up from our ship?? (HAL).

As far as I know all the ships dock in the same area, and 8 is definitely not too late--probably earlier than most! As much as I think we'd like his tour, I wouldn't take a chance on it with all the weird answers.

We decided to book with Thenford Grey..I heard back from him in less than 24 hours. The response I received was very professional and I'm very confident it was the better option of the two tour operators and I'm kinda glad Royston said no. I'd probably be stressing about him leaving us high and dry.