Epic UBP

CarnivalSuperb

That raises the question - i've never ordered a bucket - if you do, must they all be the same or could you say order 3 Sam Adams and 3 Dos Equis in your bucket?

No, you can mix them up. My wife and usually get three of each. The cheapest is free.

2 bottles of wine without the UBP $30 x 2 = $60

UBP aprox $60 per day

Ergo 2 bottles a day is the break even point.

Not rocket science!

Without UBP, $60 can buy you 11 beers, 6 drinks, or 2 bottles of wine.

With $60 spent on UBP, you can get 11 beers free, 6 drinks free, or 0.4 bottles of wine free.

If UBP could get you 2 bottles of wine free, that would be the breakeven point (for bottles of wine). What you (and Keith) are saying is that $60 can buy you two bottles of wine or a day's worth of UBP. Since a day's worth of UBP can NOT get you 2 bottles of wine, both of you are comparing apples and oranges. There's no equivalency between your two choices because they do not buy/get you the same thing. No equivalency = no breakeven point.

Without UBP, $60 can buy you 11 beers, 6 drinks, or 2 bottles of wine.

With $60 spent on UBP, you can get 11 beers free, 6 drinks free, or 0.4 bottles of wine free.

If UBP could get you 2 bottles of wine free, that would be the breakeven point (for bottles of wine). What you (and Keith) are saying is that $60 can buy you two bottles of wine or a day's worth of UBP. Since a day's worth of UBP can NOT get you 2 bottles of wine, both of you are comparing apples and oranges. There's no equivalency between your two choices because they do not buy/get you the same thing. No equivalency = no breakeven point.

Wow.

So you are actually basing your whole argument on the fact that, in one case I am buying the wine by the bottle (which they do allow you to pour into glasses you know), whilst in the other case you get given the wine in glasses without you actually seeing the bottle.

Just wow, seriously.

This really is becoming one of my favourite threads ever. It's rare you see someone banging on about such irrelevancies with this much enthusiasm.

Just buy the darn UBP! drink 12 beers, 2 bottles of wine, 4 whiskies, 3 cocktails and a nightly glass of port as a nightcap each day and you will completely forget how much it cost you.

That's my plan anyway, my wife tells me I have been on some great cruises:confused:

Enjoy;)

Jazz:)

Just to muddy the waters a bit more - the beer breakeven is probably nearer 12 or 13 because you can buy the 6 for 5 buckets without the UBP.

Just buy the corks and caps for $44 a day and your way ahead exp if you only drink wine and beer. Why pay the $54 which is the online only price.