Bringing liquid baby formula + cabin Fridge

LMaxwell

Yeah.. I should've mentioned.. We did use the ziploc bags for poopie diapers also, no smell and the cabin steward loved us for it. Lol.

We bring our Little Guy everywhere - his first trip was to Disney for his 100 day birthday, and has been for a weekend to Disney every few weeks thereafter, we did his first cruise at 10 months (and he's about to go on his 7th this month at 4 years old). Once you start traveling with a lo, youll learn what works and what doesn't, and it'll become super easy after awhile. We couldn't imagine being away from ds, and life just isn't fun without him anymore.. So he travels everywhere we do! Cruising is one of the easier vacations with a baby, so I'm sure it'll be awesome!!

So we live in FL, and are able to bring a ton of stuff with us, since we drive to the ports... So here's some of the stuff that we brought/did that sticks out in my mind.. It's not necessary, but was super helpful..

Also, bring a crib sheet and blanket. Carnival has cribs (not pack and plays) but, they put a regular sheet on it, and give a regular blanket. I had researched like crazy before we went, so I brought my own.. But would've loved if someone told me in case I missed it.

Even now with a 4 yo, I bring tide with me (those blister packs like dishwasher soap) just in case.. Yes I've done laundry on board before.

Don't worry about bringing finger foods, there's stuff on board. At the first breakfast, go to lido and grab a bunch of Cheerio boxes, bananas, etc to have in the cabin. At dinner, order soup, and the veggies are tender enough to give to the baby after you cut it. The fruit platter at brunch is watermelon and melons. Ds loved the cold soups to try (strawberry and peach bisques).

Bring a full sized stroller, with recline. We brought our BOB, and yes, it fit under the bed, no problemo, and we were ever so happy in port since the sidewalks and roads aren't in great shape in some ports. Yes we needed to pop off the wheels so it would fit under the bed. No, the stroller does not fit out the cabin door with the wheels on. We just built it in the hallway, and broke it down in the hallway and and put it right under the bed for safe keeping. (There are also over the door hooks for stroller storage if you are interested.)

Make camp put the muster tag on the baby's ankle. Camp will bring a pack and play for babysitting at night, and ds went, and slept while we had some grown up time on the ship. Bring a tiny drawstring backpack with extra wipes, diapers and clothes. The only thing you'll need to bring to camp is the kid and the bottle. The backpack can stay there until the end of the cruise.

We did a Dream session for photos on the ship, and have awesome family photos. The photographer followed us all around st Maarten and the next day all over the ship, the baby photos and family photos are amazing!

If baby typically pulls tablecloths at dinner, grab 2 beach towel clips to put on either side of baby at the table.. Problem solved!

Diapers, bring more than you think you'll need - I slap a luggage tag right on the box and hand it over to the porters. You'll need more wipes than you think.

I also visit the pediatrician before every trip out of the country, he writes me a script just in case for a broad spectrum antibiotic, I ask the pharmacy to fill it, but not add the water and they give me directions on how much to add. He actually once did end up with an ear infection, so we were lucky to have it, but every other time, it just get thrown out. Like the Dr. said, Moms know when it's time for antibiotics, esp for ear infections etc, I also get a script for liquid zofran. Bring baby meds with you, Baby Motrin and Tylenol, Benadryl, thermometer, butt paste, teething meds, etc.

I keep all these extra things that I'm not sure if we need, but bring just in case, in the smallest suitcase (the rolling carryon) and don't unpack it. When I need something, I can go into the suitcase and get it. My suitcases nest one inside the other, so it's not like it's taking up anymore room if I bring 4 suitcases or 5 suitcases. I also pack extra clothes for lo, and leave those also packed in that suitcase. When and if I need it, I'll go in and get it. If not, it stays packed. I also pack 1/2 of LOs and all of my clothes on hangers since there's next to no drawer space and hang it all up. Then I leave the hangers behind. I also bring a large nylon laundry bag with me, which everyone's dirty clothes go into. When we pack to go home, the entire bag goes inside the largest suitcase, and everyone's clean clothes gets packed into the next largest suitcase.

I bring sand toys from the dollar store, and then as we are leaving the beach, give them to another child still there, so I don't have to deal with sandy toys. Consider bringing a blow up ducky bathtub: babies aren't allowed in the pool, so baby can play in the bathtub on lido.

Grab the sample sized soap/shampoo that's always at the pediatricians office, a little goes a long way for baby, so you really only need one.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

Edited by Angela61280

That was a wonderfully insightful and helpful post; you definitely hit on a few things I would not have thought of or considered. It's great being able to get these pointers from people who have "been there, done that."

We are driving distance to the Florida ports too. Disney was a consideration but it seemed like too much hassle for under one year old. We'd be staying off site, so it's always getting in the car, schlepping somewhere, having to drag stuff with us all day, not near the room when it is naptime, etc. We will go there for sure (wifes orders) but a short cruise seems like a great way to ease into it....for US, more than for the baby!

Is there anything baby safe or recommended in case of sea sickness?

That was a wonderfully insightful and helpful post; you definitely hit on a few things I would not have thought of or considered. It's great being able to get these pointers from people who have "been there, done that."

We are driving distance to the Florida ports too. Disney was a consideration but it seemed like too much hassle for under one year old. We'd be staying off site, so it's always getting in the car, schlepping somewhere, having to drag stuff with us all day, not near the room when it is naptime, etc. We will go there for sure (wifes orders) but a short cruise seems like a great way to ease into it....for US, more than for the baby!

Is there anything baby safe or recommended in case of sea sickness?

Glad I could help, I freaked out before lo's first trip, but it really went well.. No worries, cruising is the easiest vacay with babies and young kids, which is why we keep going back!

Zofran. It's prescription for nausea.. Comes in liquid form (get the added flavor cause it's gross).

I recently had the same concern about bottled milk. I spoke to someone from Guest Access Support and was advised that I would need a Dr.'s note and fax it in. Also, I must bring the note with me for boarding and the security would be alerted and noted on my account.

It seems like Carnival is not playing or making any exceptions on this policy. So I would contact them in reference to this.

For me this is a disappointment for parents traveling with small kids who drink bottled beverages. Not everything can be purchased in a can form. My thoughts are if more people voice their concerns maybe they will rethink their policy.

Hope this helps!

I recently had the same concern about bottled milk. I spoke to someone from Guest Access Support and was advised that I would need a Dr.'s note and fax it in. Also, I must bring the note with me for boarding and the security would be alerted and noted on my account.

It seems like Carnival is not playing or making any exceptions on this policy. So I would contact them in reference to this.

For me this is a disappointment for parents traveling with small kids who drink bottled beverages. Not everything can be purchased in a can form. My thoughts are if more people voice their concerns maybe they will rethink their policy.

Hope this helps!

Do you happen to have the phone # you called? Thanks for the heads up