Fascination IS Guarantee

geomapper

We just booked a decent deal in the Fascination for an October sailing. Carnival will assign the stateroom at some point. I'm expecting an upper/lower but hoping for better. Just glad we will be cruising and not at work. It's our first time with Carnival assigning the room. Just wondering what kind of rooms others have gotten under this scenario?

We booked also when they had the 1 day sale last week. This will be the 2nd time picking IS GTY, the first time we were bottom forward. This is only a getaway cruise for a great rate so we don't care where they put us. Just put a drink in my hand.

We just booked a decent deal in the Fascination for an October sailing. Carnival will assign the stateroom at some point. I'm expecting an upper/lower but hoping for better. Just glad we will be cruising and not at work. It's our first time with Carnival assigning the room. Just wondering what kind of rooms others have gotten under this scenario?

Hello,

We to are going on a cruise with this line in oct. 2015 and are opting to let them choose our room. We have four in our room and are hoping someone knows how the rooms are set up for this many people. Happy cruising.

This class allows a rollaway or trundle.

You will have two lowers. You will have one or two uppers. The deck plan will tell you.

For four it's best to keep the lowers apart, one under the faux window and the other along the wall. The uppers are along the side walls.

Thank you so much for help in bedding issues. How do you learn about decks and bedding?

To some extent, personal experience on many cruises helps you to know how the bedding setups are & what your best options are. Also, just researching the different classes of ships & finding out how each room type is set up, and searching for pics.

I like using cruisedeckplans.com for deck plans. Carnival's website also has deck plans, which are tougher to get to & not as user friendly. There are symbols in each room that tell you the setup. One dot will mean one upper bunk, 2 dots will mean 2 uppers. If you are assigned a room with one dot, that means that the 4th person will be in a trundle or rollaway.

Thank you so much for help in bedding issues. How do you learn about decks and bedding?

Look like on the ship carnival.com deck plan for your ship. Go to the deck and roll over the cabins. Their configurations will pop up.

Besides the four lower levels, there are some cabins on Verandah (deck 11) forward.

• 1 month later...

Good luck...we have been requesting a cabin assignment for months...we are now 5 days from sailing and still don't have a cabin...told it's sold out but they assured us they would find us something. Will never do this again. My parents did this in the past and had to wait for a while after boarding the ship to get a cabin, then it had people in it...it was a mess.

We did it for the cruise this weekend, and got a cabin I would have selected, aft on Empress deck, and we were assigned 25 days out.

Depending on the exact booking, the upper/lower may or may not be included in your GTY possibilities. On the one I just booked, upper/lower was not included.

(TChance - I just posted on the thread for you, but thought I would include some of the same information here for other folks)

The best way I have found to see a cabin assignment is to log into my Carnival Account, then go into My Cruise Manager, then Cruise Details, and check there.

If it says TBA, you have not yet been assigned.

Hope this helps!

Wendy