Hotel in Miami for 1/22/2016

We are cruising out of Miami in January.

We usually fly in to Fort Lauderdale & have a hotel in FLL booked but I just found a great rate on air to Miami so I am scrambling trying to see if I can find a hotel for January 22, 2016 if we fly to Miami. Most rates are pretty pricey for that date.

We qualify for government rate, senior rate, & Friends & Family rate through Marriott.

I just found a great rate of $125 for the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport using the Friends & Family discount or Residence Inn Marriott Miami Airport has a senior rate of $161.

Has anyone stayed at either of these or know of any better options?

Thanks.

We usually fly in to Fort Lauderdale & have a hotel in FLL booked but I just found a great rate on air to Miami so I am scrambling trying to see if I can find a hotel for January 22, 2016 if we fly to Miami. Most rates are pretty pricey for that date.

We qualify for government rate, senior rate, & Friends & Family rate through Marriott.

I just found a great rate of $125 for the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport using the Friends & Family discount or Residence Inn Marriott Miami Airport has a senior rate of $161.

Thanks.

For those dates, those are excellent prices.

For those dates, those are excellent prices.

I agree! I just want to make sure the hotels I found are ok.

We are staying in Fort Lauderdale for 3 nights before our cruise in October so we are just looking for a clean, safe hotel for one night in January.

Edited by Cool Breeze Cruiser

I've not stayed there, but I think thats a pretty good price :) Check to see they offer complimentary airport shuttle, thats one less hassle to worry about. :) Curious to see where you found a sale on airfare to MIA :) I am currently trying to decide for our cruise in November, FLL or MIA. FLL seems cheaper for us, but I really wanted to be as close as we could to the port. Do you mind sharing?

Thanks.

I've stayed at the Residence Inn Miami Airport twice, and I'm booked there again for this coming December. Personally I enjoyed both my stays. My room was comfortable and relaxing and clean (and you have a kitchen complete with a full size refrigerator, an oven, a microwave, and dishwasher so if you want to cook in your room, you have dishes, cookware, etc). The staff was always friendly and helpful. They serve a "free" buffet breakfast every morning. They even have a nice fitness center and a laundry. As they share the Marriott "campus" with a Courtyard and a regular Marriott, you can find a Champions sports bar at the Courtyard (food is decent and not overly expensive); the Marriott has a "fancier" restaurant and Starbucks. All 3 share a nice pool area.

Oh! If you DO fly into MIA, the Marriott campus has FREE shuttle service to and from the airport. (Check the website for info). They can also arrange for transport to POM: I think the shuttle runs 3 times and costs about $15 a person, or they can arrange a taxi. (My party and I had our own private arrangements). You're about 7 miles from POM; on a Sunday morning it took about 20 minutes for our driver to get us there.

Hope this helps.

I've not stayed there, but I think thats a pretty good price :) Check to see they offer complimentary airport shuttle, thats one less hassle to worry about. :) Curious to see where you found a sale on airfare to MIA :) I am currently trying to decide for our cruise in November, FLL or MIA. FLL seems cheaper for us, but I really wanted to be as close as we could to the port. Do you mind sharing?

They both offer complimentary airport shuttle. Residence Inn also offers a complimentary breakfast but that is not that important to us.

I prefer flying Southwest & our flights from Nashville to Fort Lauderdale are usually around $200pp (I did find a killer deal of $129pp on SW for our October cruise) but the non-stop morning flight on SW on the 22nd is already sold out.

This morning I checked American Airlines again & they have a non stop flight from Nashville to Miami for $175pp. The timing works well for us to with it leaving at 11:16AM & it gets to Miami at 2:38PM.

I've stayed at the Residence Inn Miami Airport twice, and I'm booked there again for this coming December. Personally I enjoyed both my stays. My room was comfortable and relaxing and clean (and you have a kitchen complete with a full size refrigerator, an oven, a microwave, and dishwasher so if you want to cook in your room, you have dishes, cookware, etc). The staff was always friendly and helpful. They serve a "free" buffet breakfast every morning. They even have a nice fitness center and a laundry. As they share the Marriott "campus" with a Courtyard and a regular Marriott, you can find a Champions sports bar at the Courtyard (food is decent and not overly expensive); the Marriott has a "fancier" restaurant and Starbucks. All 3 share a nice pool area.

Oh! If you DO fly into MIA, the Marriott campus has FREE shuttle service to and from the airport. (Check the website for info). They can also arrange for transport to POM: I think the shuttle runs 3 times and costs about $15 a person, or they can arrange a taxi. (My party and I had our own private arrangements). You're about 7 miles from POM; on a Sunday morning it took about 20 minutes for our driver to get us there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the recommendation & the advice!

They both offer complimentary airport shuttle. Residence Inn also offers a complimentary breakfast but that is not that important to us.

I prefer flying Southwest & our flights from Nashville to Fort Lauderdale are usually around $200pp (I did find a killer deal of $129pp on SW for our October cruise) but the non-stop morning flight on SW on the 22nd is already sold out.

This morning I checked American Airlines again & they have a non stop flight from Nashville to Miami for $175pp. The timing works well for us to with it leaving at 11:16AM & it gets to Miami at 2:38PM.

That's an amazing deal!! We don't have a "close" airport by that flys Southwest. :( We fly out a small town airport in TN, our choices are either Delta, AA, or Allegiant and this Allegiant doesn't do a FLL stop. Looked like we are running anywhere between $300+ each for our trip. Good luck in getting the lowest price!!

Have you read the reviews on Trip Advisor?

I find it a great tool for getting a wide range of opinions.

Keith

Hey Keith :) Yes, TripAdvisor is my go to!! Thats where I usually let those naysayers get the best of me :D I always check reviews/photos/locations before booking any hotel. :)

Have you read the reviews on Trip Advisor?

I find it a great tool for getting a wide range of opinions.

Keith

Yes I always check reviews on Trip Advisor but I needed to come up with a hotel fast before the deal I found on air vanished.

Both hotels I mentioned get great reviews. Residence Inn is rated #13 of 113 hotels & Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport is rated #25. I did not realize when I posted that they are in the same complex.

For now I have a room booked at the Residence Inn for $181.93 unless I find something better.