Fantasia Aft Cabins?

joseph123

Just booked a deck 9 aft balcony cabin on the Fantasia, #9244 which is on the end next to the exterior stairways that are on the each corner in the rear of the ship that runs from top to bottom. I thought it might be nice to be on the end but wonder if there will be any problem with noise from the stairways. Does anyone know if these stairways get much use or have booked one these cabins before? The cruise is wide open at this point, so I could change the cabin if needed. I was also considering one of the cabins on deck 13 which actually is considered an outside so a few hundred dollars cheaper, but is is more like juliette balcony that you can't actually sit on, and it is directly under the pool deck so I was concerned that it could be noisy. Any advise on these cabins would be appreciated.

Just booked a deck 9 aft balcony cabin on the Fantasia, #9244 which is on the end next to the exterior stairways that are on the each corner in the rear of the ship that runs from top to bottom. I thought it might be nice to be on the end but wonder if there will be any problem with noise from the stairways. Does anyone know if these stairways get much use or have booked one these cabins before? The cruise is wide open at this point, so I could change the cabin if needed. I was also considering one of the cabins on deck 13 which actually is considered an outside so a few hundred dollars cheaper, but is is more like juliette balcony that you can't actually sit on, and it is directly under the pool deck so I was concerned that it could be noisy. Any advise on these cabins would be appreciated.

Looking at the deck plans side by side, it looks like the deck 13 aft balconies on Fantasia and Divina are the same.

That being so i've put up an image of a deck 13 aft balcony I took myself.

I was on the stair case which you mention and would say there was very little use by guests so should not be a source of disturbance

DECK%2013%20AFT.jpg

Aft of Fantasia nad Divina compared.

NB Divina has 9 deck 13 aft cabins , Fantasia only 8

deck%2013%20fan%20plus%20div.jpg

Deck 13 aft of Divina. A slim person could just about sit out on the balcony

P1020632.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52
  • Haha 1

Thank you so much for posting the pics! I will have to decide now if I should stay on deck 9 or move up to 13. Did you experience any noise above for the buffet? Being next to the stair on deck does have me a bit concerned but it is good to know that it does not get much use. I may just move a few cabins toward the center just to be safe. I would presume being closest to the center would be the most ideal, but then thought being on the end would be more private. If you could choose would take the end or a center cabin? Also, were people allowed to smoke out on those decks?

Thank you so much for posting the pics! I will have to decide now if I should stay on deck 9 or move up to 13. Did you experience any noise above for the buffet? Being next to the stair on deck does have me a bit concerned but it is good to know that it does not get much use. I may just move a few cabins toward the center just to be safe. I would presume being closest to the center would be the most ideal, but then thought being on the end would be more private. If you could choose would take the end or a center cabin? Also, were people allowed to smoke out on those decks?

I didn't stay in one of those cabins, I was in the YC, and just took those pictures as a request had been made on the forum for an image.

If I had the choice i'd have a deck 10 or 11 aft cabin, the ones with the hugh balconies, as they are all Fantastica experience, I'd also go for an end cabin as I still believe there is not much usage of the staircase,

I wouldn't have a deck 13 aft cabin at all. (they used to be sold as Ocean View and not as balconies at all)

so stick with your deck 9 cabin IMHO

Smoking is banned on all balconies on MSC ships, it is allowed on one side (i believe it's the port side, at least it was on Opera and Sinfonia last year) of the open deck areas.

Pete

PS a deck 10 aft balcony

Deck10_aft%201.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Thanks so much skier52, you have helped me make up my mind and ease my fears of being near the stairway. So funny the things some of us (Me) choose to obsess over! I actually found a video, believe it or not on youtube of someone going out the door on to the stairway on deck 9. Does seem like one of those heavier doors, so hopefully will not slam shut at all hours. I would love to have the deeper balcony, but that is yet a higher category and about $250 more than the deck 9 balcony, so not worth it for me. I am just excited to try the aft balcony for this cruise. By the way, they are selling the deck 13 cabins as outside vs balcony cabins, so it would cost approx $250 less than a standard balcony cabin.

I had an aft cabin (deck 11) on Preziosa which is similar to Fantasia - I loved it! The doors at either end of the corridor lead out to the stairs and a terrific area for viewing from. You will find you have this area practically to yourself - only those in the aft cabins are aware of these doors as very few passengers wander that far back when exploring the ship.

Another advantage of having an aft is you get to dine in the smaller (nicer IMO) MDR and the aft elevator takes you directly down to the restaurant entrance. You'll also be directly below the buffet which makes it very handy for grabbing quick snacks and drinks!

That is very good to know beamafar, and thank you for providing that input. I will look at having those additional outdoor areas and quick access to the dining room and buffet as an asset! Looking forward to experiencing an aft cabin on the Fantasia.

That is very good to know beamafar, and thank you for providing that input. I will look at having those additional outdoor areas and quick access to the dining room and buffet as an asset! Looking forward to experiencing an aft cabin on the Fantasia.

You're welcome - in fact, I learned all this from another poster when he shared his aft cabin experience here :D

Just one more thing. You will experience a bit more noise and movement - especially when entering ports early in the morning when the bow thrusters are engaged. It took me a couple of days to adjust and, at first, I was almost regretting choosing the aft. However, once I got used to it, I loved it!

• 1 year later...

I am resurrecting this thread rather than starting a new one.

We always book aft facing and I have one booked on the Divina deck 10 in march, I didn't book an end one because of the outside stairs, we prefer the end but it looks like you can look around from the stairway deck onto the end balcony, I realize the cabins on either side of us can probably see around but I think that is better than the stairway people looking around.

Has anyone that has been in an aft facing corner besides deck 13 able to comment on this? Thanks in advance for any input.

Edited by coscab