FTTF worth it if...

TinkyPatz

I'm pretty chill on vacation, but I must say, not waiting in lines was awesome. It really amped up the vacation vibe. It just makes everything easier and smoother. It's such a small price to pay for my type A self to calm down ;). I bought it for my last cruise, my December cruise and I will buy it for all future cruises. I actually bought it for my mom for her room too.

scam? seriously? It's convenience, buy it or don't, but by no means a scam. We also buy the "fast pass" at Disney and Universal. Am I paying extra to cut lines, yes, is it a scam?

There's no charge for fast pass at Disney. At least it wasn't last year when I went.

I wouldn't call FTTF a scam at all but it's not worth any amount of money or every penny as I hear people often say. You can get most of the benefit without it. JMO.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I was using a scooter my past cruises. Got FTTF for the first time last cruise. Even though wheelchairs/scooters went early we still had like 500 in the higher category going ahead. Getting to our room immediately was WONDEFUL and gave us a chance to unpack (and me relax a bit) before heading out to eat. LOVED the shorter line at Guest Services and was able to use it right off the bat due to putting gift certificates on the S&S account.

This next cruise I'm praying that all stays well with me as I didn't book a handicap cabin and do not plan on taking my scooter. That will slow me down a lot during the cruise but is something I really wish to try and do. I did purchase FTTF for the various benefits and our cabin is very close to a set of elevators. Last cruise we were all the way in front in a 4J and prior to that mid-ship near elevators. My main concern is I've read where one of the docks is extremely long and I'm not sure I'll be OK walking it in the heat. We shall see.

Not worth it. If you ask me I think it is a big scam, but some people do like it so I guess it is up to you to decide.

People who use it tell others if you want to save time etc. to decide on your own if it is worth it and those that don't buy it try very hard to tell others not to use it. Overwhelming those that get it get it again and again. If you believe your financials make it to expensive then so be it. The little it cost to saving time and convenience is well worth it to me and my family. To others their time is less important than the dollars. Sail happy.

Given the following, do you think FTTF is worth it?

*We always get to the port super early and don't mind waiting there for them to begin boarding.

*Leaving from Port Canaveral (in case some find this relevant)

*Ports are: St Marten (with 4 other ships in port that day), and the day where it seems there's a possibility we might tender.

*St Kitts: have excursion with Carnival scheduled so no worries about what time we get off the ship.

*Puerto Rico: meeting family so would like to get off the ship ASAP and the reason I'm considering FTTF, but since we dock, how much time could it save us if we are up bright and early and ready to go?

*Grand Turk: dock, not in a hurry to get off ship.

So, in your opinion, is it worth it in our situation?

sounds like its not worth it. But Remember you will have lines at GS.

With FTTF you have almost no line

We have never tendered in St Marten.

Port Canaveral ha always had sooth boarding. Get there early and you can board right behind the FTTF passengers for free.

As stated it is what you think. $60 is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of a cruise.

We have never tendered in St Marten.

Port Canaveral ha always had sooth boarding. Get there early and you can board right behind the FTTF passengers for free.

As stated it is what you think. $60 is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of a cruise.

How *early* are people getting there to be in Zone 1 for embarkation (without FTTF)? If the "schedule" says 12:30pm is when "boarding" begins. How early are you getting to the terminal? 1hour, 2 hours. Sitting in a terminal for 2 hours before boarding, sounds like like the $60 might be worth it?

This is our first time purchasing FTTF while on the Fantasy. We mainly purchased it because we have an 11 hour drive and thought getting up to our room to recover would be perfect. But I have a couple of other questions about the benefits of having FTTF....What exactly is priority dining? We have YTD....will we be first to get called for dinner? Also...Does FTTF help you get on or off at ports that are not tendered any faster? Or do we wait on the long lines like everyone else?;) Thanks for your help.

This is our first time purchasing FTTF while on the Fantasy. We mainly purchased it because we have an 11 hour drive and thought getting up to our room to recover would be perfect. But I have a couple of other questions about the benefits of having FTTF....What exactly is priority dining? We have YTD....will we be first to get called for dinner? Also...Does FTTF help you get on or off at ports that are not tendered any faster? Or do we wait on the long lines like everyone else?;) Thanks for your help.

It is my first time purchasing FTTF also and one of our reasons is also due to the fact we will be driving into Cali from AZ and want to get to our room to relax. I think that alone will be worth it !

What i read about YTD is that it does not apply to that but only set time dining . I might be wrong but that's my understanding. We also chose YTD because i didn't want to be "set" on a time but might be changing to a set time.

Not worth it. If you ask me I think it is a big scam, but some people do like it so I guess it is up to you to decide.

How is it a scam? A scam would be promising all the perks of FTTF, then not delivering most or all of them. If the perks are delivered, and the buyer knows up front what he is buying and how much it will cost him, that's not a scam but a legitimate business transaction.

As for it being worth it, worth in this case is subjective. For me, I like the extra couple of hours on the ship on embarkation day instead of waiting in a line in the terminal. I also like not having to stop what I'm doing at 1:30 to go take my carry on bags to the cabin because they are already there. On debark day I like to be in zone 1 rather than sit around a ship where nothing is going on and people are cranky because it's time to go home. Never had to use it for GS, but after seeing the two lines in action a couple of times, I'd rather be able to use the desk with just a couple of people in line rather than the one with a dozen people in line.

Priority dining means that if you are waitlisted for your first choice of dining (early, late, or YTD), you will jump to the top of the waitlist. Thus, a better chance of getting your first choice. If you have YTD on the ship, there is no priority in getting a table each night.

FTTF only applies at tender ports. We were on Fantasy last year, and didn't have a wait at either port to get off the ship.