which royal ship is best for kids?

ayalond

We took our 8 year old daughter on the Radiance in February and she LOVED it! The Adventure Ocean program is fantastic ( although she didn't partake, she met lots of kids that did and said they were having a great time) The Radiance ( and several others) have the waterslide which is a big hit with the kids.

Our next cruise in January is on the Adventure ( Voyageur class) and we are looking forward to the skating rink on this one.

I think most of the RCI ships have Adventure Ocean programs - if your kids get involved with it, they are bound to have a super time :)

Good Luck!

My grandsons thoroughly enjoyed the Explorer or the Seas Adventure Ocean program. They couldn't wait untill after dinner to go back and see "their friends". The youngest one got dressed up as a pirate and went through the dinning room for late seating. There were talent shows where everyone won "first prize" and so many fun activities. Each time the child signs up for the activities, they receive cruise dollars that they can use to get free stuff. If the family adults attend certain activities, they also receive the coupons. My grandsons had enough cruise dollars to get eveything offered.

Some items were backpacks, t-shirts, and other things that appeal to kids.

We were a family of 14, but only 2 were children, and a great time was had by all. Wonderful ship with lots of activities. The ice show was fabulous, and our waitstaff did such a great job. As soon as the kids sat down at the table, our assistant waitress had the huge glasses of chocolate milk with whipped cream, delivered to them. This was all nights after they ordered it the first night. They are usually shy boys, but the last night, they gave her hugs after dinner when we said good-bye.

The Voyager class or Ultra Voyager, also the Radiance class ships are excellent, RCCL does a good job no mater which ship you are on. We always sail in the fall there will be fewer kids on board but they will get more attention from the Adventure Ocean staff that way. We have never experience prime seasons like Christmas when they may have 1000 kids on board.

hope that helps you

Brian J

My 9 yo son loves Adventure Ocean. I personally like the facilities on Navigator and Marnier better than Adventure and Explorer. They removed the kiddie pool on Navigator & Mariner and used the extra space to increase the size of AO. All those ships also have wonderful activites such as rock wall, minature golf, ice skating, inline skating and sports courts.

My kids are active, active, active little boys. We are taking them on the Mariner because they rollerblade, rock climb (There is a great climbing place up the road here in Ann Arbor called "Planet Rock") and in general go 24/7. The Voyager Class ships have more than the little boogers can get into in one week. They saw all the photos and picked this ship themselves. Part of the "If we are going on a vacation you guys are helping me plan it" plan Gene and I cooked up.

Archived