Carnival Cheers Program?

Texana1966

Have cruised with Carnival although it was prior to this program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texana1966 View Post

Wanted to get some feedback from others that have used this program. It is easy to drink more on cruises and wanted to hear from some that used it.

Looking forward to having fun and meeting other cruisers!

I'm not a huge drinker, but I bought it on my last cruise. I loved not having to wonder what my bill would be at the end of my cruise. And I felt more at ease with having a drink whenever I felt like it, instead of limiting myself. And, since I don't think I drank near the limit daily, I tried a lot of new drinks - if I didn't like it, I just didn't finish it.

I'm not a huge drinker, but I bought it on my last cruise. I loved not having to wonder what my bill would be at the end of my cruise. And I felt more at ease with having a drink whenever I felt like it, instead of limiting myself. And, since I don't think I drank near the limit daily, I tried a lot of new drinks - if I didn't like it, I just didn't finish it.

Oh wow.....this was me on our last cruise. Much more comfortable just grabbing drinks whenever without worrying about my bill at the end. Mimosas in the late morning, drinks at the pool, with dinner and at night during the shows and clubs. I believe we got our money's worth.

I completely agree with everyone above. I know some people sit down with a pencil and try and figure it out to the penny whether or not it's going to be a good "deal" for them. In my mind, its a great deal because I don't have to worry about it. That in itself just makes me relax and enjoy even more.

I agree on trying new drinks as well. It affords you comfort of knowing that if you order something different and don't like it, you can get something else.

For my husband and I, it's definitely worth it. Now, the limit thing might be an issue on our next cruise. We've done the unlimited drinks package on RCCL and NCL but not CCL yet. I'm pretty sure, on a sea day, we will get darn close to our limit, but we will have to wait and see.

We are drinkers and we never hit our limit. We got close maybe one of the days (probably the first due to the excitement), but other than that we just drank when we wanted to and what we wanted to. Neither of us had a beer, but I remember having a few glasses of wine at dinner. I wish the program included room service drinks, but even without that perk the program is perfect for us. We looked at the end of our cruise just out of curiosity and saved about $200 by using cheers.

I went on a cruise with my mom once and did not get cheers. I didn't like having to constantly keep track of my Sail and Sign balance and having to limit my drinks. Cruises are all about relaxing from me and cheers gives it that all inclusive feel.

Again, I am hoping Carnival comes up with more "cheers" options as other cruise lines have. (Even their own, Princess). They should not assume all people can drink anywhere near enough to justify buying the program but I do believe Carnival would only improve the "bottom line" on the cheers program with a "shared" or at least a smaller limit drink package. :cool:

I get it, and compared to other times I have not gotten it, it has saved me a lot of money. Also, I really enjoy being able to try different cocktails that I normally would shy away from- if I don't like it, I can get something else and don't feel like I wasted money!

I'll always get cheers. I liked not having to worry about what my bill is going to be at the end. I was able to try drinks I normally wouldn't have and not have to worry about leaving it on the bar if I didn't like it. In the end I had more fun and save a lot of money.

For my partner and I, we have always opted to do the Cheers program when cruising on Carnival. It is one less thing to think about on vacation, and we always come out miles ahead than what the cost would be if we didn't get the package (What can I say, cruising makes us thirsty!)

We've never had a sign and sail bill come close to what Cheers would cost us (even when you include tips and an excursion or two...) so it is not a good value for us.

That you have to buy it for everyone in the cabin is another reason we wouldn't even consider it. My husband might consider it if he could buy it on their own.

I'd also love to see a less expensive non-alcoholic drinks package.

Oh wow.....this was me on our last cruise. Much more comfortable just grabbing drinks whenever without worrying about my bill at the end. Mimosas in the late morning, drinks at the pool, with dinner and at night during the shows and clubs. I believe we got our money's worth.

Are you able to use Cheers at dinner in the MDR? For some reason I did not think I could- don't where I got this information, but that makes me want to get it more on the next cruise

I'd also love to see a less expensive non-alcoholic drinks package.

They do have it!

It's called "Bottomless Bubbles"

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1096/kw/directions

This includes virgin drinks, like Shirley Temple, etc.

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad