Jewel....ship related questions

RN7997

We booked our trip very last minute so I have been focused on the ports. I am not new to sailing but I have never sailed Alaska or NCL cruise line.....so I am excited and nervous:)

We are sailing the Jewel RT Alaska from Seattle. Can anyone tell me what the "do not misses" on board are when it comes to shows and entertainment? How about for the teens? I see that they have a teen club my kids are 17 and 15.....too old? Anything fun for them to do onboard? As far as the ship venues are the kids allowed to go in the areas with us that have karaoke? I have heard there is a white out party the last night? How is that? Im a bit concerned reading about the food. I paid a good penny for the trip and I don't plan to spend to do the specialty.....so I hope the food is better then I am reading reviews for.

Any other tips you can offer knowing I have primarily sailed royal caribbean would be great!

Thank you

I sailed on The Jewel to Alaska in early June and love the food. They have prime rib one night in O'Sheehan's that was just wonderful.

There is a White Hot Party about 10: 30 P.M. Think 1970's Disco. Held indoors so it is loud.

Alaska is a wonderful cruise. Lots of history especially in Skagway, once a Russian fishing village.

I love The Jewel. I will be back on Her the end of January.

Have a great time.

AK is about the ports and the scenery, not the ship. Concentrate on what you want to do ashore and don't worry about the things on the ship. Days are long (probably 18 - 20 hours of light). If you are like most you will be worn out by the time dinner is over.

I do understand that but I have 2 sea days and the day in Victoria we are not in port till apprx 530PM so we will actually have a fair amount of time on the ship. Since I have never cruised this line and the last couple cruises I did with my kids were on larger ships like Oasis and Liberty (and in warm weather) I am also considering the onboard experience as well. I think I FINALLY nailed down just about all my port plans.....a couple details to decide but that that sorted for the most part:)