British Colonial Hilton or Melia?

barrelracer89

The BCH is a very nice in-town hotel within walking distance of the pier.

Some call this a business hotel.

The Melia is a resort on Cable Beach with large pools and a big stretch of beach- plenty of beach chairs too. We take a van taxi to the Melia- some take the bus.

Good photos of both on their websites.

we are sailing 9-12 and I am trying to make the same decision. At first it was the BCH but after looking at pictures, reading reviews of both I am torn. BCH is convenient, it is within walking distance, close to shopping, downtown etc. Seems very nice BUT is in the harbor.

Melia on the other hand looks like an ocean front beach resort.

Reviews on both are good so I am sure that whichever one we choose we will enjoy.

We will be there in Port 8-5 so I'm thinking leave early catch the bus to Melia and stay at the beach till 2:00 or so, catch the bus back and have about an hour or so of shopping before reboarding the ship.

Have fun!

It now costs $ 35. Non motorized sports are NOT included. I in fact sent Melia an email to confirm some details and this is their reply:

"Snorkel gear such as snorkel, mask and fins are included in the day pass rate. All other equipment, non-motorized and motorized are at an additional cost.

We do not have lockers here on the property and we do not supply life jackets.

Also, there is a supermarket nearby called Quality Supermarkets where you purchase items.

Please note that our day passes cannot be purchased in advance and are subject to change. "

Hope it helps.

Edited by t2limar

• 3 weeks later...

We did the day pass to Melia in May 2015 and it is a beautiful resort! I believe it is the old Sheraton Hotel. They have beautiful pools and beach area. I especially liked the zero entry pool for my grandkids who are all under 5 years old. We actually took the jitney to the resort. It is only $1.25 pp each way. There were 10 of us, so that was a deal. The only downside is that it is the local "bus" and you are riding with all through town. You also have to walk quite a bit to get to the bus stop. We did get to see areas that we normally would not have seen, but I think I'd rather just take a taxi next time.

We are going back to Nassau in May 2016 (without the grandkids) and plan to go to Breezes for the all inclusive day pass :)