HELP! Need Cozumel beach info

ccw2891

I have been searching for days on things to do while in Cozumel. I believe we will do a snorkeling trip in the morning, but I have been looking and looking for something inexpensive to do in the afternoon. After paying for this cruise and what couple of port excursion we have already paid for, we're looking to keep cost down. ( Family of 4)

We have been on cruises before and usually its a beach walking distance to the ship. While in Grand Turk (I believe) it was a beautiful pool and beach right there.

Now I am trying to be prepared and have been combing CC and just hoping for some updating info and advice.

Are there any beaches/pools walking distance from the port ? (Royal caribbean international pier) What do you do if your not on an excursion all day?

I understand taxis are available , but we would have to get a taxi to the snorkeling spot and looking to not have so many taxi charges. Even with a taxi most beaches seem to charge fees.

I have looked into paradise beach after snorkeling, but they require a $10 pp food purchase plus I'm sure my kids would want the $15 fun pass

( which I know I don't HAVE to do) so thats another $40 - $70. :eek:

Are there any "free" beaches close to the downtown area ( where our snorkeling meet spot is?)

Or any low cost options you all have experienced while in Cozumel????

Thank you

Edited by ccw2891

Not sure where you will be for your snorkel tour - you might consider cancelling it and just taking a taxi to the Money Bar where there is great snorkeling from the shore. Plus a sandy area for sunning and relaxing, plus good facilities/food/drinks/service - no water toys,:D no $10 minimum per person,:D but no beach. :(

Taxi each way, for up to 4 passengers in the cab, should be about $10-11+tip.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Is there a place to lay down beach towels at Money Bar? I like the idea of beach snorkeling but want an area to hang out when not in the water.

As mentioned above, there are some loungers and a sandy area for sunning and relaxing in between snorkeling.